cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This post has been escalated to our Support team for one of the following reasons: it requires sharing personal information, the intervention of an admin, or multiple exchanges. We may also escalate to our Support team if a topic is highly complex or technical.

Run time cut short

Hgornall
Mt. Kenya

My elapsed time is being shown as shorter than the combination of my splits.  The combination of the splits would be the correct time and agree to my Apple Watch.  The end of the run appears to be cut off.   I’m running the latest version of the app.

A couple of pictures below to illustrate the point.  Elapsed time showing 20.45, when the splits add up to 21.07.  My watch actually had the elapsed time as 21.13.  

IMG_0947.png

IMG_0948.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Scout
Moderator Moderator

Update from support: The discrepancy you're seeing is due to the paused events that occur in the activity file. Going forward we would recommend NOT manually pausing your activity when you're recording with the Workout Watch app. When your activity is imported, we will calculate your moving time based on the GPS data being recorded.

Alternatively, if you need to pause your activity while you're recording, you can also record with the Strava Watch App. This article can provide you with more information on how you can set this up.

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Scout
Moderator Moderator

Update from support: The discrepancy you're seeing is due to the paused events that occur in the activity file. Going forward we would recommend NOT manually pausing your activity when you're recording with the Workout Watch app. When your activity is imported, we will calculate your moving time based on the GPS data being recorded.

Alternatively, if you need to pause your activity while you're recording, you can also record with the Strava Watch App. This article can provide you with more information on how you can set this up.

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)

anchskier
Denali

@Hgornall - The screenshot you are showing states a "moving time" of 20:45, not an "elapsed time".  The splits will include any paused time within the distance that the split covers, but paused time will not be included in the moving time, so you will often see that the moving time is shorter than the sum of the split times.  

Edit from Strava:  Splits are calculated using the run moving time, not elapsed time.  More info here

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @Hgornall 

Sorry to hear about this issue.  Has it continued?  Please let me know if you still need help with this.

Jane (she/her)

Yes it continues to be an issue.   I run continuously without stopping so it shouldn't be anything to do with pausing.   The difference between the splits and the moving time is also 22 seconds, its too great for even a loss of signal.   Odd also that it appears correct on my apple watch and then uploads incorrectly.

One idea:  Could it be that on leaving the house the Applewatch hasn't obtained location and decoupled itself properly from the iphone, so I click start on the run and it thinks I'm paused for the first 22 seconds?   

Hi @Hgornall 

To clarify, splits are calculated from the run moving time, so a discrepancy between your moving time and total split time isn't what we expect to see.  

I looked into this and our Team is aware of some issues with the way run activities recorded with Apple Watch are displaying splits.  I'm going to escalate your post to our Support Team so you can get more information on this.  Thanks for your patience.  

Jane (she/her)

@Hgornall - Your screenshot is showing 20:45 of moving time, not elapsed time.

Ready, Get Set, Go!

Welcome to the Community - here is your guide to help you get started!

Know how to use Community

Understand Community Settings