cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pcervera
Shkhara

Would be good to have maintenace informattion for your equipment integrated in Strava.

Perhaps more useful for biking, you could ad manually entries about, for example:

- When you changed tubeless liquid

- When you changed tha chain

- When you made fork maintenace

Crossing this data with activities data, you could get a "timeline" with all mainteninece operations you have done. So you can know hom many hours of use/kilometers/time since you made maintenance and you will know when you have to do again.

Aditional option could be to add alerts like "Made fork maintenance after 100 hours" "Change tubeless liquid after 6 months" "Replace chain after 2000 km" and Strava reminds it once time has fulfilled according to the data of activities. On the same way, you could know the time/kilometers left until you need to do new maintenance operations

48 Comments
Buggaloo
Mt. Kenya

22 months and counting!  Come on Strava team.  Adding hours and a sub category for gear parts with alerts is an awesome idea!

jordancole
Mt. Kenya

The equipment maintenance log would be a subsection of gear. It would allow users to manually input data on any maintenance done on their equipment (example being a bike). When adding information to the log, you would just type what has been done, and optionally be able to upload a receipt. Then Strava would automatically attach current mileage/km on the equipment as well as total hours on the equipment. It would be great to keep track of when you have put tires on, or serviced your fork. And it would be great to be able to export the maintenance log as a service history when you eventually decide to sell the bike. 

LordQ
Mt. Kenya

I'd like to be able to log routine maintenance task on my bike, examples:

• Drivetrain cleaning
  • Chain lubrication
  • Brake fluid replacement

I'd like to be able to track how many miles/hours I've rode my bike since the last maintenance on a given item.