cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We need more options for group challenges. 
- fastest rides for various distances
- fastest swims for various distances
- most calories burnt for all activities
- fastest segment time on specific segments

6 Comments
Soren
Denali

Hi, thanks for sharing your thoughts. It’s not entirely clear from your post what you’re suggesting here or which feature you're referring to -- are you suggesting new Group Challenge types?
Do you mind elaborating and including more details on the topic? We kindly ask that you review our
Ideas guidelines, particularly the “What makes a good idea” section, to ensure that your ideas are clear, concise, and can reach as many others as possible. Thanks!

Hi @Soren 

When i create a group challenge on the mobile app I dont get many options. I was hoping you could expand on them and create more.
For example, if i create a 'fastest effort' challenge i only get the options to choose run, virtual run or wheelchair. Can you not add all sports to this? Riding and swimming at the very least. 

Another idea would be to add a challenge to see who burns the most calories in a set time. (eg a month)

Thanks

OMAC4LIFE
Mt. Kenya

This would be amazing. It would help many people enjoy the social platform of Strava to keep active. Well done @MakeStravaGreat 

Status changed to: Gathering Kudos
Soren
Denali

Thanks for the additional information and for clarifying that. This idea has been reviewed by our moderation team and is now open to voting.

millertime
Mt. Kenya

Yes please. I was trying to set up a fastest 1500m swim challenge and was amazed to see it limited to so few sports when Group Goal, Most Activity, and Longest Single Activity seem to allow absolutely all the sports.  Was there some logic to this limit?   

Jana_S
Elbrus

Yes! The current options are fairly limited - and e.g. the calories option would allow including a wide variety of sports while keeping the challenge relatively fair (vs. for example time: 2hrs run means a much higher effort than e.g. 4 hours of skiing on a slope). 

Hoping to see some new challenge types soon! 👍