cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Claude82
Shkhara

It should be nice to have the possibility to configure the default privacy settings for each activity type

In my case, I would like to set "Trail" as visible for all and "Gym" hide for the others people, since not interesting for them.

53 Comments
blamay
Mt. Kenya

Please do this. I want to hide my daily weight training and I don't want to have to set ALL activities to 'Only Me' and manually switch everything every time.

TheDon1999
Mt. Kenya

I'd like to record a vote to support this feature.  I'm very happy to share runs and rides, but no one wants to see my terrible yoga attempts, or strength and conditioning home gym efforts.

I like these less interesting activities to contribute to my overall fitness score in my Strava profile, just not clutter up my friend's feeds

SeanCD
Mt. Kenya

I'd like to record a vote for this too - is that done by the thumbs up at the top?

In my case, I want to upload recovery sessions from partner app Recover Athletics so they appear on my Activity page, but not publish these to the feed.

Swayzinator
Mt. Kenya

This would be awesome ! Not everyone needs to see when i walk my dog, as a result i have everything to private and forget to switch things to public. The result is i engage with the platform far less then i would otherwise.

AndyOlds
Shkhara

@Scout , @Bryant 

Could you give an update on whether or not this change is planned for implementation?

Like MANY others, I want to track my twice per day dog walks so I see how it contributes to my overall fitness levels, but they're of zero interest to those who follow my running activities.

BrianSprague
Mt. Kenya

Strava is primarily for Cycling, Swimming and Running. But it has grown to be able to post many more activities too. I like this feature of posting other activities as a record of completion, but I would like the ability to select which activities are visible to whom.

For example I like my cycling activities being visible to everyone, but I also post gym work and rowing, sometimes hiking and skiing too. However, I don't wish or need these extra activities to be visible to all, so I would like to be able to pre-select which activities become visible and to whom. So, I would set cycling to "everyone" and others to "me only". 

At the moment I change the privacy settings for each extra activity individually as they are posted, which is an unnecessary waste of time.

BrianSprague
Mt. Kenya

as per my more recent suggestion, this is a must have feature

mattonstrava
Mt. Kenya

Echo these comments. My feed is getting increasingly cluttered with my friends' menial activities and negatively diluting the stickiness of Strava content as a result. This would be a great feature to keep content meaningful. The need for this feature has exploded with the growth of smart watches tracking every activity.