cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
greenrunner
Shkhara

It's nice to use the vertical line slider to quickly visualize what my pace/heart rate/cadence/etc is at any particular time point during my run. However, it would also be nice to have a horizontal slider option so I can move it up and down to find, for example, 8:00/mile pace and quickly visualize which parts of my run (and how much of it) was above/below this pace. Same for heart rate (how much above/below, e.g., 150 bpm vs 160 bpm).

3 Comments
Jane
Moderator Moderator

We appreciate your participation in the Community. It’s not entirely clear from your post what you’re suggesting here. Do you mind elaborating and including more details on the topic? We kindly ask that you review our Ideas guidelines, particularly the “What makes a good idea” section, to ensure that your ideas are clear, concise, and can reach as many others as possible.  It's also important to mention if your idea applies to the Mobile App, the Web, or both

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

greenrunner
Shkhara

Thank you for the reply, Jane. My idea is for the web version of Strava. When I look at one of the data graphs (e.g., pace) and hover my mouse over top of it, a vertical line appears. As I move this vertical line around on the graph, it shows distance, elevation, grade, and pace for any given time point that the vertical line is hovering over. My request is a similar line that is instead horizontal. As I move the horizontal line up and down across the graph, it displays a given pace (equivalent to the y axis).

This horizontal line could be a beneficial feature for many reasons. For example, let's say I am running a workout with intervals where the pace goes up and down periodically according to the workout. During the workout, I was targeting a 6:45 per mile pace. With the horizontal line, I could hover over the pace chart until it matches exactly 6:45 on the y axis (something that is currently difficult to see) and examine how much of my pace during the interval was above, below, or close to that line. The same argument applies to heart rate - let's say I want to easily visualize how much of a given interval was above, below, or close to 160 bpm. The same argument applies to cadence.

I hope this is detailed enough to clarify the feature request yet still concise. In short, it is almost identical to the vertical hover line that currently exists over the chart data but is instead horizontal and displays a corresponding value on the y axis.

Status changed to: Open To Voting
Jane
Moderator Moderator

​​Thanks for submitting your idea. It has been reviewed by our moderation team and is now open to voting.

The idea title was edited so it will be easier for others to search and vote on. Thank you for your contribution.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team