cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Strava Flybys not working?

alex_michael
Shkhara

I'm trying to view Flybys for today's (and prior) run(s). I'm not seeing anything load (see image below) and I'm seeing a unicode type character referenced in the orange section where I assume the route name would be. I do have Flybys privacy set to allow Everyone to view as well, in case that information is helpful.

Screenshot 2023-12-27 at 11.42.47 AM.png

Thank you!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Scout
Moderator Moderator

Hey @alex_michael
Thanks for your post. We're not aware of any issues and seems like it is working for others. Could you please try clearing the cache and cookies from the web browser you are using before navigating back to Strava.com and logging back into your account? Instructions on how to clear the cache and cookies for various web browsers are listed below:

Google Chrome
Mozilla Firefox [cache instructions | cookie instructions]
Apple Safari
Microsoft Edge

If you still have issues after doing the above, please submit a support ticket and we will investigate further.

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

alex_michael
Shkhara

And...they work great in Safari - even behind my work VPN. I didn't think that would be an issue, but wanted to eliminate any other issues. All good, I can use Safari if I can't get Chrome to work. Thank you both!

alex_michael
Shkhara

Thank you @Scout and @anchskier ! I can try another browser later, but here's what I did:

• I indeed cleared my Chrome browser cache (ALL time) and then tried the "View Flybys" link again. I got the popup, selected to not show it again, and it still gave me the same screenshot.
  • I realized I was behind my work firewall and decided to try again, after disconnecting from my VPN. Same thing, I cleared the Chrome browser cache (ALL time) and then went through the same process as above with the same results.

When I get a chance, I'll try another browser and see if I can get it to work. I expect if no one else is reporting it that indeed it's a configuration issue (or user error 😱) and hope I can get it to work soon. Thanks again!

Scout
Moderator Moderator

Hey @alex_michael
Thanks for your post. We're not aware of any issues and seems like it is working for others. Could you please try clearing the cache and cookies from the web browser you are using before navigating back to Strava.com and logging back into your account? Instructions on how to clear the cache and cookies for various web browsers are listed below:

Google Chrome
Mozilla Firefox [cache instructions | cookie instructions]
Apple Safari
Microsoft Edge

If you still have issues after doing the above, please submit a support ticket and we will investigate further.

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

anchskier
Denali

They seem to be working for me.  I see the screen you have in your image briefly when I click on the "View Flybys", link, but then it finishes loading to the normal flyby page where I can select activities to include and shows the map.