cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logging time on manual activities

helenjerry87
Mt. Kenya

Question for the group: when I add a manual activity, I enter the time I did it but on my feed it shows as an hour earlier. Does anyone know why this is and how to fix it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Soren
Denali

Hello @helenjerry87 -- It sounds like your account timezone might be off.

We use your account's timezone to determine start time for activities that do not contain GPS information (indoor, workouts, swims, manual activities, etc.). Please try the following:

1. Access your account through the Strava Website
  2. Go to Profile > Settings
  3. Select your current location and type in Los Angeles & Save (this is to reset the time zone, we recognize this is not your accurate location. You will reset your location in step 5)
  4. Select Refresh Page
  5. Enter in your correct location & Save.
  6. Select Refresh Page (if the time zone still does not refresh to match your location please try step 3 again and then refresh the page followed to ensure the time zone and location match. Then enter your correct location again and refresh the time zone). Sometimes the timezone gets stuck and just needs to get adjusted back and forth to reset itself. Once it is set and is accurate it will not revert back.

Resetting your Timezone will not correct any previous uploads only future activities.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Soren
Denali

Hello @helenjerry87 -- It sounds like your account timezone might be off.

We use your account's timezone to determine start time for activities that do not contain GPS information (indoor, workouts, swims, manual activities, etc.). Please try the following:

1. Access your account through the Strava Website
  2. Go to Profile > Settings
  3. Select your current location and type in Los Angeles & Save (this is to reset the time zone, we recognize this is not your accurate location. You will reset your location in step 5)
  4. Select Refresh Page
  5. Enter in your correct location & Save.
  6. Select Refresh Page (if the time zone still does not refresh to match your location please try step 3 again and then refresh the page followed to ensure the time zone and location match. Then enter your correct location again and refresh the time zone). Sometimes the timezone gets stuck and just needs to get adjusted back and forth to reset itself. Once it is set and is accurate it will not revert back.

Resetting your Timezone will not correct any previous uploads only future activities.

Hi Soren

When I try to log in on the website, it takes me straight to the app, and I can't seem to access my timezones in there. How can I log in without landing in the app?