cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This post has been escalated to our Support team for one of the following reasons: it requires sharing personal information, the intervention of an admin, or multiple exchanges. We may also escalate to our Support team if a topic is highly complex or technical.

Moving time

Whitmeme
Mt. Kenya

Strava used to only calculated my actual moving time for runs and rides (unless marked as a race). I’ve noticed the last few weeks/months that it’s now doing my total time and not eliminating stand still time. Please help! This feature was nice for trail runs so I didn’t need to stop/start my watch every time we stop for pictures etc. Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Scout
Moderator Moderator

Update from support: In some situations you can change the distance that is shown for your activity. Changing the distance stream may also update the pace or duration of an activity. If your device created a distance stream using sensors such as a speed sensor, pedometer, or accelerometer, you can switch your distance on Strava to use GPS data rather than the generated distance stream.

To swap your distance stream:

• Go to your activity page on the website (this feature is currently not accessible in our mobile apps)
  • From the activity page click on (◦◦◦) the more options menu > Correct Distance.
  • From the pop-up, click "Correct Distance".
  • When the status changes from "Calculating" to "Updated," refresh the page. 

If you would like to revert the change, you can click the same link and click "Revert Distance". For more information, see our article on How distance is calculated for your activity

If you need further assistance, please submit a support ticket and we will investigate further.

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Scout
Moderator Moderator

Update from support: In some situations you can change the distance that is shown for your activity. Changing the distance stream may also update the pace or duration of an activity. If your device created a distance stream using sensors such as a speed sensor, pedometer, or accelerometer, you can switch your distance on Strava to use GPS data rather than the generated distance stream.

To swap your distance stream:

• Go to your activity page on the website (this feature is currently not accessible in our mobile apps)
  • From the activity page click on (◦◦◦) the more options menu > Correct Distance.
  • From the pop-up, click "Correct Distance".
  • When the status changes from "Calculating" to "Updated," refresh the page. 

If you would like to revert the change, you can click the same link and click "Revert Distance". For more information, see our article on How distance is calculated for your activity

If you need further assistance, please submit a support ticket and we will investigate further.

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)

Jane
Moderator Moderator

This post has been escalated to our Support team. If you have a similar question please submit a support ticket and we will investigate further.

Jane (she/her)