cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Route builder manual mode in iPhone app

staff
Mt. Kenya

Hi, is it possible to use manual mode when plotting a route in the iPhone app like you can using the website?  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @staff 

Thanks for posting about this.  Manual mode for route building is not available on the Strava Mobile App. In order to access it, you would need to create your route on the Web.

Apologies for any confusion and this feature is something we may consider in a future iteration of Strava.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

kvlynx
Mt. Kenya

I strongly believe that having a manual mode for creating routes within the Strava app would be a valuable addition. Personally, I rarely use the web browser version of Strava, so having this feature within the app would greatly enhance the user experience.

As pointed out by another user, OpenStreetMap occasionally contains inaccuracies, leading to routing errors that force us to take long detours. 

Moreover, there are situations where the Strava heat map prominently suggests the existence of a path on the ground, even though it hasn't been officially documented on OSM.

Introducing a manual routing option would allow us to bypass these issues and at the same time provide users with the freedom to design routes in less frequented areas too.

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @staff 

Thanks for posting about this.  Manual mode for route building is not available on the Strava Mobile App. In order to access it, you would need to create your route on the Web.

Apologies for any confusion and this feature is something we may consider in a future iteration of Strava.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

Gersom
Mt. Kenya

I would really like to have this as well.

Pretty much half the time that I try to create a route on mobile, it’s useless because it doesn’t let me cross a road, take a 100m shortcut over a bike trail, or because of a buggy disconnect in openstreetmap. It’s by far my biggest pain point in using Strava for the past few years.

Thank you so much!

Ready, Get Set, Go!

Welcome to the Community - here is your guide to help you get started!

Know how to use Community

Understand Community Settings