cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

25 participant cap on group challenges

TheRedSwitch
Shkhara

Hello, 

I've created a distance-based group challenge at work; however, I cannot add more than 25 participants. 

If I subscribe to Strava, will that limit change?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Scout
Moderator Moderator

UPDATE ON GROUP CHALLENGES: We are pleased to announce that creators of Group Challenges can now invite up to 199 athletes that follow them on Strava. In order for an athlete to join the challenge, they must be a subscriber, have a free subscription trial, or have free challenges left. Creators can also allow other athletes in the challenge to invite athletes who follow them. From the challenge details screen, tap the three ellipses [...] in the top right to open the challenge settings, and then enable the toggle that reads “Allow Participants to Invite Others”. For more info on Group Challenges, check out this page

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Scout
Moderator Moderator

UPDATE ON GROUP CHALLENGES: We are pleased to announce that creators of Group Challenges can now invite up to 199 athletes that follow them on Strava. In order for an athlete to join the challenge, they must be a subscriber, have a free subscription trial, or have free challenges left. Creators can also allow other athletes in the challenge to invite athletes who follow them. From the challenge details screen, tap the three ellipses [...] in the top right to open the challenge settings, and then enable the toggle that reads “Allow Participants to Invite Others”. For more info on Group Challenges, check out this page

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)

Scout
Moderator Moderator

👋 For those of you that have more than 25 participants, you could create a club. While club challenges are not available at this time, you can create a club event. If you are interested in having club challenges added to Strava, you can add your feedback and kudos to this idea

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)

TheRedSwitch
Shkhara

Is there a way for me to create a group challenge that has a higher number of participants preferably unlimited where we can track group collective distance. Like Virtual TCS New York city challenge? 

Not currently, unless you're interested in hosting a global challenge.

Here’s how you can engage with your community right now: 

• Clubs - create a club for your group, view leaderboards, and create events. 
  • Group Challenges - get creative and motivate your friends, limited to 25 participants. 
  • Sponsored Challenges - customized challenges created by brands that are featured in the challenge gallery and home feed. 

Thank you for your response, how can I pursue a sponsorship so that I may have a customizable challenge with unlimited participants? I work for Philips and we're interested in having a collective distance challenge with an unlimited amount of participants. 

If you are interested in hosting a global challenge on Strava, sponsored challenges are available to relevant sporting/athletic brands as a paid media activation. Please review the Strava|Business FAQs for more information and use the Get In Touch option if you would like to pursue this opportunity. A member of our team will get back to you if they believe there is a fit.

Soren
Denali

Hi, that's a great question. Creators of Group Challenges may invite up to 24 athletes that follow them on Strava. Having a Subscription does not change the maximum number of participants. You can read more about Group Challenges here as well as an article authored by one of our team members, here!
We are also looking into making improvements that expand opportunities to compete and collaborate with larger groups, so stay tuned for future updates coming to Strava.

Where is this in the process? 

Curious if you have beta features for pilot clients. I would love to volunteer to help provide feedback if it’s an option!