cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hey Strava athletes, let's get to know each other! (July)

Soren
Denali

The Strava Community Hub is a collaborative space where we can all come together as athletes to share what motivates us to strive towards our goals. First, let's take a step to get to know each other better and what brought you here. Here are a few icebreaker options to get you started!

• What's your name?
  • Where are you from?
  • What's your favorite activity? What about recovery and nutrition?

Don't be shy, respond to other athlete introduction posts if you see something that catches your eye - maybe you'll make a new running or riding friend as a result!

And lastly, keep in mind that this community is here to support you whether it be understanding Strava's features and functionality or looking for motivation to train for your next big goal. Whatever it may be, this is the place to ask questions, find answers, and build new connections!

Image of a group of cyclists taking a photo of themselves.Image of a group of cyclists taking a photo of themselves.

30 REPLIES 30

Same here, big fan of all kinds of waffles, stroopwafels, pastries... bread! You get the idea 😉

cy-linder
Pico de Orizaba

Hi STRAVA Community,

• What's your name? My name ist Uli
  • Where are you from? I am from Germany. I am living near a town called Karlsruhe. 
  • What's your favorite activity? What about recovery and nutrition? My favorite activity is road cycling. I recover with some stretching and sleep. My favorite nutrition during road cycling are the Powerbar products. 

Cheers Uli

https://www.strava.com/athletes/62919839

Welcome, Uli! We're excited to have you here! Thanks for joining in and introducing yourself!

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

belugabob
Shkhara

Hi, my name is Bob, I live in the south of England, surrounded by great cycling opportunities.

I'll be 60 on Sunday and looking forward to cycling into a new decade.

I ride mountain bikes and road bikes, and recently changed to a job which makes it possible to commute by bike, so happy about that.

I'm also a software developer, and have a particular interest in data processing and visualisation 

I recently wrote a browser extension for the chrome browser, to address personal requirements, within the club leaderboard section. Lots of people have asked for something similar, on the forum, but seem to be struggling to get a satisfactory response. I'm keen to engage with the Strava developers to arrive at a solution, as this would be better than my extension (which needs to be re-written, again, to deal with the latest of many frequent updates of the Strava DOM)

Anyway, I hope to contribute to the community in whatever way is possible, an look forward to hearing what everybody else is doing.

Hi Bob, we're thrilled to have you participating in our new Community Hub. I hope you get to enjoy the outdoors for a fun birthday ride and that the weather cooperates! 🎉

Thanks, Soren.

What's weather? 😉

Hope you have a great birthday, too!

Skaughtto
Shkhara
  • What's your name? Hi, I'm Scott 👋
  • Where are you from? Bay Area, California
  • What's your favorite activity? Road cycling, http://www.sjbikeparty.org/, Zwift, and commuting (in that order.)
  • What about recovery and nutrition? Sleep, https://www.chromaticcoffee.com/, Clif bars, and Skratch - my diet has room for improvement.

Hi Scott, thanks for the intro! Nice to have you here 🚲 🎉

WesPlate
Pico de Orizaba

Hi, my name is Wes Plate. I joined Strava in 2012, in fact it was the idea of logging my runs with a GPS watch and sharing on Strava that really motivated me to start (and continue) running. My Strava page: https://www.strava.com/athletes/wplate

I am located north of Seattle WA and my primary activity is long distance running. My favorite distance is 200+ miles, this year I am running four 200s, and I'm already done with two. The next one is Bigfoot 200 in three weeks.

I also make videos of my big runs and share them on my YouTube channel.

Recovery and Nutrition? I don't have anything insightful here. Nutrition is an area I could benefit from optimizing, but I don't currently have the mental bandwidth for. 🙂 

I love Strava and really hope it can improve with the features requested by users. I have been submitting feedback for years.

Hey Wes! We're happy to have you here and look forward to your contributions to the community.

Good luck with the Bigfoot 200!

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

Ready, Get Set, Go!

Welcome to the Community - here is your guide to help you get started!

Know how to use Community

Understand Community Settings