cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(INVESTIGATING) Unable to add links/URLS to posts /URLs stripped out in comments

Jeff
Shkhara

What happened with URLs? Looks like URLs are being automatically removed from posts, so it's being a little bit more complicated to share for example Strava Challenges from clubs with friends.

29 REPLIES 29

Jeff
Shkhara

It has been removed including from the Strava clubs! Incredible! Please increase the level of priority to fix it

Take a look here...

https://strava.app.link/tMusX2iKlNb

tlem
Mt. Kenya

Huh, it's hard to believe this. I REALLY hope that Strava is simply not rendering the links currently and they have not actually deleted anything from their database. I, for one, had a lot of important links to race results and whatnot. If they really deleted the links (and anything with a dot), they better have good backups to bring everything back exactly as it was.

The communication about this issue is really lacking. I think there should be an announcement on the front page and/or an email to every user. If it is about merely not rendering the links, it's probably important to not modify any of your descriptions etc while this is being fixed, in order to avoid actually losing the links.

I'm eagerly waiting for an update. If it turns out that Strava has actually deleted parts of theirs users' valuable data, this is really serious. If I cannot trust Strava even in the most basic task of retaining my data, there is no way I will ever subscribe again.

I'm slightly worried that it is more than just a UI/rendering change, as when getting activity title and descriptions via their API, it also returns it without any links.

Granted, their API may also be stripping these out from the raw data, but.......

rjbathgate
Shkhara

Wow, what a terrible way to implement this! Even links to other Strava activities from within activities, or within club posts are gone! Imagine if Facebook's anti-spam filter simply removed anything with a dot in it 🤣

Really keen to see this fixed and implemented correctly...

FerChR
Mt. Kenya

Mismo problema, coordino un grupo de corredores y en las actividades del club comparto el link con el punto de encuentro ya que la seccion de strava no funciona y ahora no hay una opcion que te mande directo al navegador (maps o waze) para llegar al punto de inicio.

Same problem, I coordinate a group of runners, in the club activities I share the link with the meeting point, the official section of Strava is not functional and now there is no option that sends you directly to Maps or Waze to get to the starting point.

Njord
Mt. Kenya

I admin a large membership Strava club with many events and challenges, often concurrently. I can no longer link to them from my Strava account due to this loss of functionality. 

I request that Strava reconsider this unfortunate decision. 

This a 

Dahu83
Mt. Kenya

In discussions as soon as I copy or share a link in a strava discussion, a blank space replaces the link! 

TRANSLATION:  In discussions as soon as I copy or share a link in a strava discussion, a blank space replaces the link!

grumbledook
Pico de Orizaba

I am pretty sure they did it because people where linking a lot of routes created on other platforms like komoot. Those people are unlikely to require a Strava subscription and could make their followers reconsidering their own subscription.... So rhey are essentially directly blocking competition. And they doing it in such a crappy way that they are pissing everyone else too. If I can no longer post links on Strava in the future I WILL cancel my subscription. Then I have some money left to spend on veloviewer and intervals(dot)icu.

Je pense que c'est transitoire, actuellement on ne peut pas partager entre 2 personnes strava.

Ready, Get Set, Go!

Welcome to the Community - here is your guide to help you get started!

Know how to use Community

Understand Community Settings