cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Motorcycles and Ebikes

k2krill
Mt. Kenya

I'm catching flack from Motorcyclists when I ask them to (please) not use the E-bike Category to record their rides. When I look at segments and totals for my ride they are blown out by motorcyclists results. How are we supposed to compare like categories when users are in the wrong category.

As an Enduro Race Timer by trade, I fully understand the difference between all of the different users, categories and the abilities of each. The general response to my requests has been that Ebikes ARE Motorcycles. I can't even begin to explain all of the reasons Ebikes do not equal a Moto. 

All I'm asking is that the Moto riders out there find and use an appropriate app for recording Moto Sports. Sure, STRAVA, add it in PLEASE!

EMTB'ers just want an equal playing field.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @k2krill 

Thanks for posting about this. To clarify, motorcycle activities are not allowed on Strava, and cannot use the Ride or E-Bike activity types. We state this in our Segment Leaderboard Guidelines.

There are a couple of actions you can take when you find motorcycle data on Ride or E-bike segments.

• Firstly, flag the activity.  Flagging an activity removes the activity's segment results from the segment leaderboards.
  • If the Athlete isn't correcting their behavior after having activities flagged, you can report that Athlete to Strava. Please see instructions here.

I hope this information is helpful, please let me know if you have any questions and thanks again for your post.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @k2krill 

Thanks for posting about this. To clarify, motorcycle activities are not allowed on Strava, and cannot use the Ride or E-Bike activity types. We state this in our Segment Leaderboard Guidelines.

There are a couple of actions you can take when you find motorcycle data on Ride or E-bike segments.

• Firstly, flag the activity.  Flagging an activity removes the activity's segment results from the segment leaderboards.
  • If the Athlete isn't correcting their behavior after having activities flagged, you can report that Athlete to Strava. Please see instructions here.

I hope this information is helpful, please let me know if you have any questions and thanks again for your post.

Jane (she/her)

Why not just add a motorcycle option as most motorcycle enthusiasts are also cycling enthusiasts as they would not have the app otherwise.  Don't hate or discriminatate just add the option. It's a great app for all, just embrace it! 

Hey @56seehorn & @k2krill,

Thanks for your feedback. We do have this suggested on our Ideas Board: 
Add Motorcycle/dirt bike activity types

This suggestion was reviewed by our Product Team and it won't be prioritized in the foreseeable future. Although this is currently not planned, you can still add your vote and any comments. This suggestion will remain in our Community and may be revisited at some point in the future.  

We receive a large number of idea submissions, and even some popular ideas may not make it to the implementation stage. The number of votes an idea gets is one factor among several that’s considered when our product team develops the roadmap. You can find more info in our Guide to Ideas.

Thanks again for your contributions.

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)

Ready, Get Set, Go!

Welcome to the Community - here is your guide to help you get started!

Know how to use Community

Understand Community Settings