cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multi sport segment creation advice

TamMillerJCC
Mt. Kenya

Good afternnon and greetings from Scotland.

Im looking for on advice on Segment creation please .

Im doing a local project of walking all the local Rights of way in my home town .

im using strava to record the walks and would like to create a segment for each Right of way in all sports /Disciplines so in the fiture i can view who and how many times the Right of way has been used .

can anyone tell me if this is possible to create a multi sport segment or do i have to create a segment for each individual sport catagorie eg walk,cycle,ebike,run,horse riders etc 

thanks for reading my post and i look forward to hearing your advice

Tam Miller 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

anchskier
Denali

At this time, there is no way to make a segment for multiple activity types at the same time.  You would need to create a segment for each different activity type separately.  

The trick is that to make a segment for any activity type, you need to have an activity of that type covering that segment area.  One way to do this is to temporarily change your activity type on your walk (say, change it to a bike ride or a horse ride), create the new segment for that activity type, then change it back to a walk.  You could do this with each different activity type you want to keep track of.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

anchskier
Denali

At this time, there is no way to make a segment for multiple activity types at the same time.  You would need to create a segment for each different activity type separately.  

The trick is that to make a segment for any activity type, you need to have an activity of that type covering that segment area.  One way to do this is to temporarily change your activity type on your walk (say, change it to a bike ride or a horse ride), create the new segment for that activity type, then change it back to a walk.  You could do this with each different activity type you want to keep track of.

Ready, Get Set, Go!

Welcome to the Community - here is your guide to help you get started!

Know how to use Community

Understand Community Settings