cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reported User for constantly creating activity with the wrong type

JensJensen
Mt. Kenya

Hello,

is there a way to report an user which is posting activities constantly with the wrong activity type?

i can't report more than 10 activities a day 😞

Cheers Jens

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello @JensJensen 

Thanks for getting back to us!  If you review the information at that link, there is a way you can report a repeat offender to Strava Support.  This is what we would recommend in this instance.

"Report a Strava Athlete Profile: Contact Us

Suppose an athlete isn't correcting their behavior after the community flags their activities, and it's escalated to a point where they are abusing the system. In that case, we will need more evidence to investigate. Please submit a request at the bottom of this page and select the "Report or Flag data" option. Some examples of evidence you can provide are listed below, and the more evidence you can provide, the faster and better equipped we will be able to handle your request.

• Links to activities that back up this claim.
  • Include specific details about that activity that points to cheating.
    • This can include all or some of the following: links to segments within the activity that are particularly troublesome, screenshots, zoom-in/highlighted portions of the analysis graph, comments on the activity indicating foul play, etc.
  • Links to and names of their Strava profile(s).
  • Dates of uploads.
  • A timeline of events.

Thanks very much.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Pajotraider
Shkhara

Hi Anchkier, 

I’m a paying member since years and I notice a growing amount of ebikers who are cheating for every rides they made and so they are spoiling the rankings.

I flag several times but mosthly the strava team did not eliminate the fake rides. I always motivate the flagging ( most of the times you see clearly that the faking rider doesn’t lose speed on the hills which is not possible with a regular bike but the strava team doesn’t take this in account even when it is an e mbk) .  I will try again so we will see . Thanks anyway .

Pajot Raider.

@Pajotraider - The Strava team doesn't look at flagged activities when they are only flagged once.  It is fully automated.  When you flag an activity, it will generate a notification for the other person.  They will be notified that their activity was flagged and give a possible reason for it.  They can then select whether they claim the activity is correct or they can edit it as needed (change the activity type if they made a mistake, etc...).  If they claim it is okay as-is, then it will go back onto the leaderboards like it did originally.  Now, if you flag it a 2nd time, then it will require them to actually justify that it is real to the Strava team to get it "unflagged".  So, the only time anyone at Strava will look at a flagged activity is if it was flagged twice.  If you still see it coming back, then you need to submit a support ticket with a link to the athlete profile and the suspect activities and they will look into it further.

Keep in mind that just maintaining the same or similar speed doesn't automatically mean it was an e-bike or other device.  I know that I sometimes will be riding along on mostly flat ground at maybe 150 watts power, but then hammer up a hill doing 350+ watts, holding close to, if not faster speed on a regular bike.  I don't know if that is the situation you are seeing, but just mentioning it as a possibility.

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @JensJensen 

Thanks for posting about this.  Yes, you can report this to the Strava Support Team.  Please refer to the information here.  

Let us know if you find that helpful, and thanks for posting on the Community Hub.

Jane (she/her)

Hi Jane,

yes I know about this, Problem is he has more than 50 activities on this segment and I can just flag 10 a day 😉

Hello @JensJensen 

Thanks for getting back to us!  If you review the information at that link, there is a way you can report a repeat offender to Strava Support.  This is what we would recommend in this instance.

"Report a Strava Athlete Profile: Contact Us

Suppose an athlete isn't correcting their behavior after the community flags their activities, and it's escalated to a point where they are abusing the system. In that case, we will need more evidence to investigate. Please submit a request at the bottom of this page and select the "Report or Flag data" option. Some examples of evidence you can provide are listed below, and the more evidence you can provide, the faster and better equipped we will be able to handle your request.

• Links to activities that back up this claim.
  • Include specific details about that activity that points to cheating.
    • This can include all or some of the following: links to segments within the activity that are particularly troublesome, screenshots, zoom-in/highlighted portions of the analysis graph, comments on the activity indicating foul play, etc.
  • Links to and names of their Strava profile(s).
  • Dates of uploads.
  • A timeline of events.

Thanks very much.

Jane (she/her)

Sorry for this reply but you don’t do anything with the flagged segments, I know several people who are cheating all around with their ebikes and e mbk’s and when I mention the fraud nothing is done with it so I mentioned a mbk rider who realised performances equal to cycling pro’s on severe climbs but strava still valuate this fake performance. I think I will cancel my paying membership because more and more the rankings are spoiled by cheaters.

@Pajotraider - What do you mean by when you "mention the fraud"?  How are you "mentioning" it?  Are you flagging the activity? Are you submitting a support ticket to Strava?  I've had really good success with both flagging activities (sometimes you have to do it more than once, but after the 2nd time it isn't easy for them to get it unflagged) and with submitting more serious issues to Strava support through their support ticket process.  

Ready, Get Set, Go!

Welcome to the Community - here is your guide to help you get started!

Know how to use Community

Understand Community Settings