cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strava showing wrong time ?

ShufflingFeet
Mt. Kenya

Hi everyone, I'm new here !

A friend of mine ran a race yesterday and unusually for the first time Strava added 1hr10mins to the recording ? She had switched the watch timing off after crossing the line - others running with her did not have this. She has a Garmin series 2 Venu watch, which she says just automatically links direct to Strava. I don't think she has Garmin connect (as I do as well) to see what that says. Any ideas, or how to rectify the mistake - she is a bit upset !

Hope someone can help -regards all

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hi @ShufflingFeet  (great username by the way)

Sorry to hear about the problems your friend had with her run distance.  She could try switching the distance stream which potentially may solve the issue.  I've included detailed instructions for this below.

If that doesn't help, or there's no option to make that switch, please ask her to submit a support ticket and we'll be happy to work with her directly to troubleshoot.

In some situations you can change the distance that is shown for your activity. Changing the distance stream may also update the pace or duration of an activity. If your device created a distance stream using sensors such as a speed sensor, pedometer, or accelerometer, you can switch your distance on Strava to use GPS data rather than the generated distance stream.

To swap your distance stream:

• Go to your activity page on the website (this feature is currently not accessible in our mobile apps)
  • From the activity page click on (◦◦◦) the more options menu > Correct Distance.
  • From the pop-up, click "Correct Distance".
  • When the status changes from "Calculating" to "Updated," refresh the page.

If you would like to revert the change, you can click the same link and click "Revert Distance".

For more information, see our article on How distance is calculated for your activity

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

ShufflingFeet
Mt. Kenya

Thank you so much for the info - will go through the process described - hope is useful to anyone else too !

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

ShufflingFeet
Mt. Kenya

Thank you so much for the info - will go through the process described - hope is useful to anyone else too !

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hi @ShufflingFeet  (great username by the way)

Sorry to hear about the problems your friend had with her run distance.  She could try switching the distance stream which potentially may solve the issue.  I've included detailed instructions for this below.

If that doesn't help, or there's no option to make that switch, please ask her to submit a support ticket and we'll be happy to work with her directly to troubleshoot.

In some situations you can change the distance that is shown for your activity. Changing the distance stream may also update the pace or duration of an activity. If your device created a distance stream using sensors such as a speed sensor, pedometer, or accelerometer, you can switch your distance on Strava to use GPS data rather than the generated distance stream.

To swap your distance stream:

• Go to your activity page on the website (this feature is currently not accessible in our mobile apps)
  • From the activity page click on (◦◦◦) the more options menu > Correct Distance.
  • From the pop-up, click "Correct Distance".
  • When the status changes from "Calculating" to "Updated," refresh the page.

If you would like to revert the change, you can click the same link and click "Revert Distance".

For more information, see our article on How distance is calculated for your activity

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

Ready, Get Set, Go!

Welcome to the Community - here is your guide to help you get started!

Know how to use Community

Understand Community Settings