Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are your fitness goals for 2024?

Shant
Mount Logan

Here’s my list:

1. LA Marathon (PR)

2. Berlin Marathon (Sub-3)

3. Running the Gauntlet (PRs in every distance from a quarter mile to marathon over the course of the year)

What are you excited about for next year?

Shant Hagopian
Attorney & Athlete
Next race: LA Marathon (3/17/24)
2 REPLIES 2

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hi @Shant 

Great to hear from you and thanks for starting this thread.  What a great topic.  I was just looking to see when Berlin is - I see it's in September so you'll have  time to recover and train after doing L.A.  

My goals are to ride at least 2500 miles this year (combo of indoor and outdoor cycling, hopefully mostly outdoor) and get in at least 130 weight lifting workouts over the course of the year.   I've been struggling lately with motivating myself to strength train, so I'm hoping a goal will help me stay consistent.

L.A. marathon is 74 days away - when does your training start or has it already?  Keep us posted.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

Thanks Jane! 2500 miles + 130 weightlifting workouts are great goals!

Do you strength train at home or at gym? I have been using the Nike Training Club app recently and it helps add in some strength training pre- or post- run. They have a wide variety of exercises/workout videos with timer. I really like it. Once you find the trainer that you vibe with most, it becomes easier to go back to the workouts. 

Hoping to start running more consistently this weekend. Mostly walking during week and running on the weekends. Will let you know how it's going!

Shant Hagopian
Attorney & Athlete
Next race: LA Marathon (3/17/24)
Ready, Get Set, Go!

Welcome to the Community - here is your guide to help you get started!

Know how to use Community

Understand Community Settings