cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internal Server Error on watch.samsung.strava.com at first boot of app on samsung watch

UsainBolt
Mt. Kenya

Hi

I have reinstalled my Strava app on my Samsung Gear Sport AB91 SM-R600 .

This because I got a new non-Samsung cell phone and Samsung forced me to reinstall it Strava App on Watch. Tizen OS  4.0.0 7 Knox 2.3.1 TIMZ 3.0.0

At first boot of the Strava  app (1.7.24) I see that I need to type in 4 digits, for authentication.
On my mobile phone ( having connected the Samsung Galaxy Wearble App) the app redirected to  https://watch.samsung.strava.com/ 

which shows:

{"message": "Internal server error"}

Why is this msg seen?
Also is there anywhere else I can get those 4 digits from ? ( from another than the web site that respond HTTP500) .
So that I can continue to use Strava on my Samsung Watch Gear.

I have no problem with any other Samsung apps*  on my cell phone, nor on my Gear Watch.
I only have problem with the Strava app, on the Gear Watch.

*(nor account problems after creating a password - because there were none initially as it was created on google initially)

Thanks for any ideas,
Usain Bolt

54 REPLIES 54

driel24
Mt. Kenya

There is another annoying problem. My watch suddenly goes blank an hour after a workout. Have even done a full factory reset. I didn't realise at first that the sync wasn't working. I think the draining of my watch is also caused by the continuous syncing.

IvarIvarIvar
Shkhara

Switched to Samsung Health yesterday, works fine. Or maybe even better. Smoothless sync with strava.

What do you mean with linking Health to Strava? I want that too.

I'm now using the Sansung Health app on my watch to record my activities. It works, records and syncs so much better than the Strava watch app ever did.

The only downside is that it only syncs GPS activities, not workouts, but I just record a workout as any GPS activity and then edit it on the Strava phone app.

I don't think I'll ever go back to the Strava watch app.

In the Strava Health app on you phone, go to settings, then Services and you can link with Strava there. Then just record your GPS activities on your watch ️  and it'll syc automatically when you finish your activity and you can view it on Strava.

Jannybravo
Mt. Kenya

Are we any closer to an answer/resolution from Strava. Whole point of the wearable app is so I don't have to take my house brick sized phone with me. 

For me it works again, I got the 4 digit code

I'm now using the Sansung Health app on my watch to record my activities. It works, records and syncs so much better than the Strava watch app ever did.

The only downside is that it only syncs GPS activities, not workouts, but I just record a workout as any GPS activity and then edit it on the Strava phone app.

I don't think I'll ever go back to the Strava watch app.

Mwraight
Mt. Kenya

Same issue here, frustrating. Communication is key in these situations. 

ehp56
Mt. Kenya

hi

Same here, after not syncing installed strava again and now cant get the 4 digit code.

Silvia
Shkhara

Same here, after not syncing installed strava again and now cant get the 4 digit code.