cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Log out of Strava from webapp

veloek
Pico de Orizaba

Hi!

In my web application there's a log out button. The problem is that it only logs the user out of my application, not Strava, thus the user can simply log back in again and after a quick round trip to the Strava log in page (where the user is still authenticated).

Is there an API endpoint to call or a URL we can send the user to to log out of Strava? The Strava website sends a POST request to https://wwww.strava.com/session when logging out, but that requires a `authenticity_token` and is probably not something for 3rd party apps to use.

Might not exist a solution to this, but I wanted to ask anyway. My log out button doesn't make much sense as it is now.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Salpha
Mt. Kenya

Strava doesn’t have an API to log users out directly. Unfortunately, when users log out of your app, they stay authenticated on Strava and can log back in quickly. You can suggest they log out of Strava manually for full logout. Not perfect, but it helps.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

veloek
Pico de Orizaba

Sure, yeah, I guess I'll have to settle for that then...

Salpha
Mt. Kenya

Strava doesn’t have an API to log users out directly. Unfortunately, when users log out of your app, they stay authenticated on Strava and can log back in quickly. You can suggest they log out of Strava manually for full logout. Not perfect, but it helps.

Ready, Get Set, Go!

Welcome to the Community - here is your guide to help you get started!

Know how to use Community

Understand Community Settings