cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rate limit exceeded

Liv
Shkhara

Can anyone tell me why I get a message, “rate limit exceeded” when I try and post a comment, that won’t post because of this message? 

It’s working again. 🤗

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jan_Mantau
Denali

Do you have a web browser extension for Strava? Those can cause this if the extension makes to much requests in a short time.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

mk_ultrarunner
Mt. Kenya

I’m having the same issue and it’s happened before. Usually due to too many comments on the feed. If I have a lot of friends running races together or doing big events, I comment a lot. Now my activities aren’t even getting uploaded. @StravaSupport needs to do something about this. Also prob only affects the free users. 

Clandestine
Mt. Kenya

I've just started getting this message and I am using the Strava Mobile App!  Closed it down and reopened it and still giving me issues

orbjeff
Shkhara

I'm just returning to this forum and the Strava API in general. I thought that 3rdy party integrators need to implement our own backend message queue that aggregates individual user requests into bulk requests made to the Strava API. Do you know what your request limit is, within a 15 minute timespan?

Omid
Mt. Kenya

IMG_0207.jpeg

IMG_0206.jpeg

Outdoorgoyo
Shkhara

I’m having the same problem on the app and it won’t let me comment bc of rate limit exceeded…. Any other ideas? 

after a discussion with support, i had to wait 24 hours. now it works.
I can't say whether the wait was the solution or whether support fixed something.

It was prob both. 

Gustav-Gans
Shkhara

I've had the same problem since yesterday. In the APP and in a browser.

I have not implemented any interfaces. I only create my comments manually.

Does anyone have a solution?

Jan_Mantau
Denali

Do you have a web browser extension for Strava? Those can cause this if the extension makes to much requests in a short time.