cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch App and headphonea

rscottb2b
Mt. Kenya

Hi.  I’ve just started using an Apple Watch with the Strava App.  I run better whilst listening to music but for some reason the Strava App on the watch does not give its audio cues through the headphones and I can’t figure out how to set it up.

if I’m listening to music it would be great to hear the audio cues through the headphones.   Any help appreciated thank you. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @rscottb2b 

Thanks for posting about this.

To enable audio cues on your Strava Apple Watch App, navigate to the settings page on your watch and tap 'Audio Cues.' Here you can toggle the Audio Cue settings independently.  If they are already enabled but don't seem to be working, please try toggling them off, and then on again.

Full instructions are here

Please give that a try and let us know how you make out.  

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Jameslong94
Mt. Kenya

Appreciate this is an old thread but was having the same issue and just managed to fix it. Connect the watch to your headphones. Then before a run, if you go onto Spotify on your watch and play music through the watch rather than your phone, the music should come through the headphones as normal but so will the strava audio cues. 

Perfect, just found the play Spotify setting via the Watch and it's working correctly with my downloaded playlists then Strava audio cues come through clearly with music slightly reduced in the background.  Very happy now 😀. Appreciate the solution.

ScottyT
Mt. Kenya

Hi, I just purchased an Apple Watch Series 9 and am using the Strava app.  I've managed to get audio coming through my headphones via settings (based on the accepted solution response above) however as soon as I also play music (Spotify) Strava audio cues revert back to the watch thereby meaning the solution (based on the OP's use case scenario) is incomplete unless I've missed something 🤷‍♂️.

Is there a way for both audio sources to come through my headphones (Strava audio cues and Spotify)?  I know it works with Runkeeper so any ideas on how to get this scenario working with Apple Watch would be great.

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @rscottb2b 

Thanks for posting about this.

To enable audio cues on your Strava Apple Watch App, navigate to the settings page on your watch and tap 'Audio Cues.' Here you can toggle the Audio Cue settings independently.  If they are already enabled but don't seem to be working, please try toggling them off, and then on again.

Full instructions are here

Please give that a try and let us know how you make out.  

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

I’m dealing with this same issue and your guidance unfortunately didn’t help. The audio cues are coming from my watch, not my headphones. 

@loganwein, go to Setting > Bluetooth > Devices on your watch and add your headphones.

It’s not intuitive (especially since you can hear music off your watch) but I just did this and now I’m getting the audio cues through my watch. Maybe Spotify/Pandora/Apple Music connect differently. 

@loganwein, I’m having the same problem. Following thread for resolution.