cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch recordings disappear

vibroverbus
Mt. Kenya

Yesterday did 5mi hike, recorded fine as far as could tell, looked OK at end of hike, saved.  Never appeared anywhere. Force restarted apps on watch and phone. Nothing.  Have had this happen a handful of times now.  Last time the recording appeared like a day later.  Saw some older support entry saying "if there are not enough data points blah blah" but this was 3hrs of data points.  Have used Apple Watch and iPhone w/ Strava EXTENSIVELY for years, this is a recent phenomenon.  FWIW the one thing I can think maybe is that cell signal has been super weak where I am when it has happened, like its really poor data connection when I was closing and saving the recording on the watch? Super frustrating tho.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

vibroverbus
Mt. Kenya

OK!  Restarted watch and now I see 1 unsync'd activity!  Then it reported the iPhone was not "on the network" erroneously (it was) but after repeated tries it finally sync'd it.   

Pretty sure my guess about bad cell signal is the common thread to it getting 'stuck' - too bad they won't unstick themselves tho...

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

AdelynGill
Mt. Kenya

I looked for this on various websites including youtube and solved it using to stuck your Apple Watch on the Apple logo. Here are a couple of things you can try to fix the issue:-

1. Force Restart:-

This is the most common solution for various Apple Watch issues. Here's how to do it:-

• Press and hold both the side button and the Digital Crown for at least 10 seconds.
  • Don't let go of the buttons even when you see the Apple logo again.
  • Keep holding them until you see the Apple logo with a progress wheel beneath it. This indicates the Watch is restarting.

2. Unpair and Repair:-

• On your iPhone, open the Watch app.
  • Tap on the My Watch tab.
  • Tap on the name of your Apple Watch at the top of the screen.
  • Tap on Unpair Apple Watch.
  • Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the unpairing process.
  • Once unpaired, you can repair your Apple Watch by following the initial setup process again.

3. Check for Software Updates:-

An outdated watchOS version can sometimes cause problems. Make sure your Apple Watch has the latest software update:

• On your iPhone, open the Watch app.
  • Tap on General.
  • Tap on Software Update.
  • If an update is available, follow the on-screen instructions to install it.

More effective instruction below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mefIeFmADnk&ab_channel=TheGeekPage

vibroverbus
Mt. Kenya

OK!  Restarted watch and now I see 1 unsync'd activity!  Then it reported the iPhone was not "on the network" erroneously (it was) but after repeated tries it finally sync'd it.   

Pretty sure my guess about bad cell signal is the common thread to it getting 'stuck' - too bad they won't unstick themselves tho...

Did you already solved the problem. I have the same problem. Installed Strava again and nog watch and iPhone don't pair anymore