cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This post has been escalated to our Support team for one of the following reasons: it requires sharing personal information, the intervention of an admin, or multiple exchanges. We may also escalate to our Support team if a topic is highly complex or technical.

Apple Watch Ultra - 3 Runs in a row, 1 missing map and data - why? any fix?

JckMlt
Mt. Kenya

So I did 3 runs today using Strava App on Apple Watch Ultra.

Warmup, RACE and Cooldown.

The RACE, typically, has absurdly not uploaded with any data other than bang accurate mileage and timing(to the chip). Yet despite the fact I used the app to monitor my HR and Pace... it's uploaded those or the MAP.

There was very little time or distance between the 3, nor did I have my phone at all.

Why?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jane
Moderator Moderator

This post has been escalated to our Support team. If you have a similar question please submit a support ticket and we will investigate further.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Sjaak157
Mt. Kenya

Hi Jane, 

I’m having the same issue as the one described above. My latest run is missing location data and does not show the map. I’ve been running with Apple Watch for a while now and never had this problem. All settings through the troubleshoot you’ve shared seem in order. Two days ago the upload worked just fine. Is there anything I can do to fix this?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Jane
Moderator Moderator

This post has been escalated to our Support team. If you have a similar question please submit a support ticket and we will investigate further.

Jane (she/her)

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @JckMlt 

Thanks for writing in.  A missing map on an Apple Watch recording can be due to missing permission settings on reading and writing routes.  Please refer to some troubleshooting tips here.  

Let us know if that's helpful and if you have further questions.

Jane (she/her)

@Jane 

Thanks, but all that looks fine, as the two other runs bookending it uploaded fine. Like all my previous ones.
Just a bit odd this hasn't uploaded most of the stuff - as it was clearly there, since I was running to that data.