cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beacon

Pili
Mt. Kenya

Hola, desde hace varias semanas beacon no envía ubicación a las personas que tengo en la lista. Sabéis cómo puedo solucionarlo? Voy mucho al monte y me parece importante que sepan dónde me encuentro en cada momento de la ruta.

Gracias 

TRANSLATION: Hello, for several weeks Beacon has not sent locations to the people I have on the list. Do you know how I can solve it? I go to the mountains a lot and I think it is important that they know where I am at every moment of the route. Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Bryant
Moderator Moderator

Hey @Pili,

Keep in mind, Beacon only works if you are within cell service. Your location will be updated on the Beacon URL about every 15 seconds. If you are out on an activity, and you go through an area with no cellular service, your location will not be updated until you have cellular service again. This feature won’t work in airplane mode.

If your contact does not receive the text message, please check that you have entered their full number including country and area code. If they received the text message but the URL states the activity has not begun please let us know, as your phones GPS may need some troubleshooting or your safety contact may have clicked on an outdated activity link.

For everything regarding Strava Beacon, check out our Help Center article: Strava Beacon
I hope this information helps!

KBryant24
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Bryant
Moderator Moderator

Hey @Pili,

Keep in mind, Beacon only works if you are within cell service. Your location will be updated on the Beacon URL about every 15 seconds. If you are out on an activity, and you go through an area with no cellular service, your location will not be updated until you have cellular service again. This feature won’t work in airplane mode.

If your contact does not receive the text message, please check that you have entered their full number including country and area code. If they received the text message but the URL states the activity has not begun please let us know, as your phones GPS may need some troubleshooting or your safety contact may have clicked on an outdated activity link.

For everything regarding Strava Beacon, check out our Help Center article: Strava Beacon
I hope this information helps!

KBryant24
STRAVA | Community Hub Team