cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strava beacon Wear os

ENAGE
Mt. Kenya

I'm a Galaxy watch 4 user and I've seen some posts like this one that confirm that the strava beacon feature can be used in wear os like the apple watch does:

"Wear OS 3 and higher devices without LTE functionality will need to be connected to your phone in order to send a Beacon message when starting an activity from the Wear OS Strava app."

And in the the watch app I can't find any option to enable it.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @ENAGE 

Thanks for posting about this and we're happy to hear you're interested in using Beacon.

To enable this feature, there are a couple of prerequisites.  Firstly, you must be a Strava Subscriber

Next, you will need to set up your safety contacts from the Strava mobile app on your phone prior to starting your first activity on the Wear OS app.

Learn more about enabling Beacon and adding safety contacts

Let me know if you have further questions.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @ENAGE 

Thanks for posting about this and we're happy to hear you're interested in using Beacon.

To enable this feature, there are a couple of prerequisites.  Firstly, you must be a Strava Subscriber

Next, you will need to set up your safety contacts from the Strava mobile app on your phone prior to starting your first activity on the Wear OS app.

Learn more about enabling Beacon and adding safety contacts

Let me know if you have further questions.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team