cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung watch 5 syncing

Griffomarkii
Mt. Kenya

My wife’s Samsung watch 5 has stopped syncing the full distance recorded on the watch.

she uses the Strava app and can complete 8km but when syncing it records as 4.25km or another random distance. 

has anyone had this problem? Any ideas how to get the activities to record properly 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @Griffomarkii 

So sorry to hear about the issue.  If this problem is persistent, I recommend trying a reinstall of the App. Please have your wife follow the instructions below:

Please go ahead and delete the Strava application from your watch. Power your device off for 10 seconds, turn your watch back on and reinstall the Strava application. Unfortunately, this means any unsynced activities will be discarded.

Google Play Store:

Strava: Track Running, Cycling & Swimming

How to update your apps on Android: Support - Google

If this doesn't help, please ask your wife to submit a support ticket and we will be happy to work with her and do further troubleshooting.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @Griffomarkii 

So sorry to hear about the issue.  If this problem is persistent, I recommend trying a reinstall of the App. Please have your wife follow the instructions below:

Please go ahead and delete the Strava application from your watch. Power your device off for 10 seconds, turn your watch back on and reinstall the Strava application. Unfortunately, this means any unsynced activities will be discarded.

Google Play Store:

Strava: Track Running, Cycling & Swimming

How to update your apps on Android: Support - Google

If this doesn't help, please ask your wife to submit a support ticket and we will be happy to work with her and do further troubleshooting.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team