cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No sync from galaxy watch to strava

riads
Mt. Kenya

Hi,

Yesterday i tried to sync my running activity to strava, but it didn't work. After logging off and on and even tried to reinstall the app the problem didn't resolve. 

When i check the settings of my strava app on my watch it says: "not synchronized".

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Bryant
Moderator Moderator

Hello @riads
Sorry that you are still having trouble with getting your Samsung Health activity synced to Strava. If your activity has GPS data on it and disconnecting and reconnecting the link between Samsung Health has not worked to get your activity synced, you can download a GPX of the activity using the following instructions:  

1. Go down to Exercise on Your Samsung Health app

2. Select "View history" 

3. Scroll down and select the missing activity in question

4. Once you are on that activity's overview page you will go to the 3 dots in the upper right corner and select "Export as GPX file".  Once the GPX file is downloaded you can then upload it manually to your account on the Strava website. 

Bryant_0-1719269606554.png

Please note that since this is just a GPX file. The only data it will include are GPS points and timestamps, so if you had heart rate data on the activity in Samsung Health, that will not be included in the file, unfortunately.  You can manually upload your activity's GPX file here: strava.com/upload/select.

Please let me know if this troubleshooting step works. 

KBryant24
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Bryant
Moderator Moderator

Hello @riads
Sorry that you are still having trouble with getting your Samsung Health activity synced to Strava. If your activity has GPS data on it and disconnecting and reconnecting the link between Samsung Health has not worked to get your activity synced, you can download a GPX of the activity using the following instructions:  

1. Go down to Exercise on Your Samsung Health app

2. Select "View history" 

3. Scroll down and select the missing activity in question

4. Once you are on that activity's overview page you will go to the 3 dots in the upper right corner and select "Export as GPX file".  Once the GPX file is downloaded you can then upload it manually to your account on the Strava website. 

Bryant_0-1719269606554.png

Please note that since this is just a GPX file. The only data it will include are GPS points and timestamps, so if you had heart rate data on the activity in Samsung Health, that will not be included in the file, unfortunately.  You can manually upload your activity's GPX file here: strava.com/upload/select.

Please let me know if this troubleshooting step works. 

KBryant24
STRAVA | Community Hub Team