cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bluetooth cadence sensor pairing

JohnSimeone
Mt. Kenya

Hello everyone, I have recently got myself a bluetooth cadence monitor for my bike. Is there an ETA of when I can expect the Strava app will be able to add this device to my account. I have connected heart monitor, but there isn't a cycling cadence option.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Soren
Denali

Hi there,

We currently don't support pairing sensors besides heart rate monitors through the Strava app. It is on our roadmap, but I do not have an estimated timeline for when it will be implemented. We recommend using one of the many 3rd party applications like the Wahoo Fitness app which can connect both power and cadence sensor types and will automatically upload your activity to Strava and sync your cadence data too. Or, if you are using a standalone device/watch, you can check if the device can sync directly with Strava by visiting https://www.strava.com/apps.

To recap, here is how to record activities with non-heart rate Bluetooth sensors:

Strava Mobile App: Download and record your activities using Wahoo Fitness.

Strava Wearable apps for Apple Watch, Samsung Galaxy/Gear and WearOS devices: Continue recording normally.

GPS watches and cycling computers (Garmin, Wahoo, Polar ETC): Continue recording normally.

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15

Honestly, how many lines of code can it take to count ticks from any paired sensor?  Speed?  one simple bit of math against wheel size against tick counts is real speed (or stationary trainer).  Cadence?  Tick count.  Boom.  done.
You also need to use the phones accelerometers during a walk to stop having your path zag off hundreds of feet in some crazy direction when GPS occasionally tracks  poorly.

I'm using a GPS computer.. where do I view the data in the strava analysis?

It’s not like this is a new request - or that it’s difficult (given that you already read other BT sensors).

why not just admit that it’s never being implemented and that you don’t want people to use Strava?

or put someone on it, I can’t imagine that it would take a rocket scientist to add collection from an additional sensor.

I won't be renewing Strava. I'll just use a bunch of wahoo monitors. 

I also feel that it's much preferred the cadence and speed monitors connect directly to strave. Not use wahoo app then it links to strave which finally links to Fitbit. End result = missing and/or inaccurate data. My wahoo heart rate monitor works awesome with Strava. I really would love you guys to add at least cadence monitors, speed too please. Cadence first. Glad you brought back Bluetooth or I would have to use a different app. I really like Strava so I hope you keep pushing forward on this. I'm a bit perplexed why it's so difficult if free apps can do it. 

Don't you feel shame on indicating another app to do this? I mean, they are able to do it and Strava which is the most used app isn't? I really wanted to renew my subscription, but that would make sense if I could use live segments and additional sensors (like cadence and power).

Why not?

Ready, Get Set, Go!

Welcome to the Community - here is your guide to help you get started!

Know how to use Community

Understand Community Settings