cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't see Strava on my Apple Watch

vsamokhina
Mt. Kenya

Hello!

The first problem I met was that Strava activities recorded on my Apple Watch didn't appear in my feed. They were available for sync on my watch even though they did not appear in my feed after I clicked "Sync", literally nothing changed after this action.

I decided to reinstall Strava on my phone but after that it's not available on my watch at all. 
iOS 17.5.1
watchOS 10.5

What should I do to:
- make the Strava app available on my watch again?
- how exactly should I sync the unsynced activities to see them in the feed?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @vsamokhina 

Thanks for the post.  Please confirm you are following the steps below to setup Strava on your Apple Watch

Set up Strava on your Apple Watch:

• Download the Strava app on your iPhone if you haven't already.
  • Open the "My Watch” section of the Apple Watch app on your phone.
  • Find the Strava app to install on your watch. If it's already installed on your Watch, then open the app on your Watch. If it's not installed, tap on Install next to Strava in the Watch App.
  • Open the Strava app on your Watch. You will be prompted (on your phone) to authorize Strava for Apple Watch.
  • The Strava Apple Watch app supports watchOS 6.0 or later and iOS 13.0 or later.

Sorry to hear some of your activities did not sync successfully.  If that happens again, can you please force quit both the Strava watch app and the app on your mobile device?

To force quit the Strava app on your watch, press and hold the side button until the shutdown screen appears, and then press and hold the digital crown until the app closes. You must be in the app to force it to close.

I hope this information helps point you towards successful uploads. Please let me know if you need further help.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @vsamokhina 

Thanks for the post.  Please confirm you are following the steps below to setup Strava on your Apple Watch

Set up Strava on your Apple Watch:

• Download the Strava app on your iPhone if you haven't already.
  • Open the "My Watch” section of the Apple Watch app on your phone.
  • Find the Strava app to install on your watch. If it's already installed on your Watch, then open the app on your Watch. If it's not installed, tap on Install next to Strava in the Watch App.
  • Open the Strava app on your Watch. You will be prompted (on your phone) to authorize Strava for Apple Watch.
  • The Strava Apple Watch app supports watchOS 6.0 or later and iOS 13.0 or later.

Sorry to hear some of your activities did not sync successfully.  If that happens again, can you please force quit both the Strava watch app and the app on your mobile device?

To force quit the Strava app on your watch, press and hold the side button until the shutdown screen appears, and then press and hold the digital crown until the app closes. You must be in the app to force it to close.

I hope this information helps point you towards successful uploads. Please let me know if you need further help.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

I have this same issue and have tried the suggestions above. The phone app does not reflect real time activity on my Apple Watch. It only allows me to begin a new activity from my watch.