cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t sync bike ride recorded on Apple Watch

samtfischer
Mt. Kenya

I did a 100mi bike ride yesterday and recorded it via the native workout app on the watch. I finished the ride and can see the workout and all the data in the Fitness app but when I hit “Import” in the Strava app to upload the workout, I just get a spinner that goes forever and the workout doesn’t upload. I’ve tried logging out and in, rebooting the phone, and reenabling health permissions. I’ve also tried recording a new workout and that new workout syncs no problem. How can I force this workout to upload?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Scout
Moderator Moderator
Thanks for your post and sorry for the delay.

Please note that if you did not have sufficient reception during the time of saving the activity, that may cause issues with syncing once saved. Please force quit both the Strava watch app and the app on your mobile device.

To force quit the Strava app on your watch, press and hold the side button until the shutdown screen appears, and then press and hold the digital crown until the app closes. You must be in the app to force it to close.

If that doesn't help, you can try to record a new activity and save it. The hope is the new activity will force the other activity to push over to Strava.

If the above doesn't resolve the issue, your connection from the Apple Watch to Strava may have been severed. We suggest uninstalling the app and reinstalling it. Unfortunately, any unsynced activities will not be recoverable.

If this continues to be an issue, p
lease submit a support ticket and our support team can further investigate. 

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Scout
Moderator Moderator
Thanks for your post and sorry for the delay.

Please note that if you did not have sufficient reception during the time of saving the activity, that may cause issues with syncing once saved. Please force quit both the Strava watch app and the app on your mobile device.

To force quit the Strava app on your watch, press and hold the side button until the shutdown screen appears, and then press and hold the digital crown until the app closes. You must be in the app to force it to close.

If that doesn't help, you can try to record a new activity and save it. The hope is the new activity will force the other activity to push over to Strava.

If the above doesn't resolve the issue, your connection from the Apple Watch to Strava may have been severed. We suggest uninstalling the app and reinstalling it. Unfortunately, any unsynced activities will not be recoverable.

If this continues to be an issue, p
lease submit a support ticket and our support team can further investigate. 

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

Hi Scout. The workout was recorded in the native apple fitness app. Not the apple watch strava app. The Strava app on iphone refuses to upload these larger workouts recorded on the apple watch. Have tried reinstalling, logging out/in - nothing works.

Thetomevans
Mt. Kenya

I had a problem the other day with upload from my Apple Watch, tried everything, only thing that solved it was turning off Private Relay on my iPhone