cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dashboard suddenly missing in Firefox browser....

chipquayle
Shkhara

I've been using the Firefox browser for several years with no issues. A few days ago the Strava dashboard stopped displaying correctly. None of the activity is showing anymore. The stuff at the bottom of the page still appears. And the links to "your recent activities" at the bottom of the page still work. See attached screenshots. I've opened the page in Safari and Chrome and it displays correctly in both of them. I'm not having any issue in Firefox with any other websites. I'd like to continue using Firefox, if possible.

Any thoughts??

Screen Shot 2023-12-13 at 9.28.14 AM.pngScreen Shot 2023-12-13 at 9.28.29 AM.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hey @chipquayle
Please give the next troubleshooting steps a try: 

1. Re-install Firefox
  2. See if they can repro using a private window (incognito mode)
  3. See if they can repro using a different profile
Firefox stores your personal information and settings in a profile folder. Learn to work with different profiles on Firefox)

Let me know if this helps.

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16

Starracer
Mt. Kenya

Same problem here - Strava was working fine using Firefox, suddenly doesn't display correctly... The problem only affects Strava.  Tried clearing cookies, etc... The problem isn't with Firefox - the problem appears to be the Strava implementation of Recaptcha - You need to fix your website rather than having users try workarounds!

KB1
Mt. Kenya

Same problem here. Don't wanna clear my cache and cookies. Don't wanna use a different browser either. It really bothers me.

What worked for me:

Settings -> Privacy & Security -> Cookies & Site Data -> Manage Data

Search for entries with "strava.com" in the list and delete it.

As a result I had to log in only to strava again but all the sites are untouched and worked as before.

Perhaps you give this a try, too.

awahl
Shkhara

No VPN here. Edge Version 120.0.2210.61 (Offizielles Build) (64-Bit) works perfectly. Tried Firefox and Chrome on my smartphone, no problems.

Hey @awahl,
Thanks for the additional info and thanks for your patience while we troubleshoot this issue.

Our team has a few more things that they would like you to try; please give the following a go and let me know if you still have issues: 

1. Re-install Firefox
Firefox stores your personal information and settings in a profile folder. Learn to work with different profiles on Firefox)

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)

Scout
Moderator Moderator

Hey @awahl  & @chipquayle
Are you by any chance using VPN software?  If you are, would you mind disabling it and performing a test to see if Strava works properly?  

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)

Hi Scout,

I am NOT using a VPN. (When I initially googled my problem, I did see a number of posts mentioning that a VPN might cause the problem I'm having. I wish that was the problem....)

Thanks,

CQ

Hey @chipquayle
Please give the next troubleshooting steps a try: 

1. Re-install Firefox

Let me know if this helps.

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)

I have a similar problem in Chrome.  And I've had it before.  Last time clearing cookies, clearing cache, etc. and re-starting worked.  This time no go.  But I can load Strava in incognito mode. That suggest to me that STRAVA needs to do something to fix this problem.  My phone and tablet load Strava with no problem.  But Chrome under Windows is no go for the dashboard, rendering Strava useless.  (To suggest re-installing Chrome puts the burden in the wrong place ....)

Ready, Get Set, Go!

Welcome to the Community - here is your guide to help you get started!

Know how to use Community

Understand Community Settings