cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Facebook Login

Former Member
Not applicable

Could someone please explain to me how Strava can create a new profile from Facebook when I already have one?  Years ago when I created my Strava account I logged in via Facebook and have a profile which I have been using successfully for several years.  On Sunday evening, I wanted to explore the possibility of subscribing to Strava and disconnected that profile from Facebook in order to create a more secure login via email.  No password reset was sent to me so I then logged back into Strava via Facebook and was shocked to find that I now have a new athlete profile attached to my email but with no activities logged.  I can still see my original profile as I know my original athlete number and have manually typed it into the web address bar.  My Garmin is also still uploading my activities to my original profile but I cannot log into it.  How can this happen as Strava insists that an account can only have one email address?  I have been trying to contact Strava but have only received an automated reply so far.  This isn't really encouraging me to trust Strava with a financial commitment.  Very frustrating!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @Former Member 

Thanks for posting about this and so sorry to hear of the issues.  This is the kind of problem where Strava Support will need to work with you directly to resolve.  Did you hear back on your Support ticket and has it been resolved?

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

Scout
Moderator Moderator

Hey @Former Member, 
It looks like your support ticket (#2804330) has been responded to. If you need further assistance with your account please respond to the email from our support team. 

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
Not applicable

Hi Jane and Scout.   I have exchanged a number of messages via Strava support with a helpful colleague of yours called Bryant.  The issue was a very minor error on the email of my original account although I have no idea how that could have happened as the original login was via FB and the email there is correct.  Until the duplicate is deleted, I am unable to correct this error on my original account although Bryant has helped me to create a log in on it so I am now able to fully access it and continue uploading my activities which is a great relief.  Bryant requested deletion of the duplicate account on 30 Jan but I can see it is still on the system.  How long should it take for the account to be deleted?  Many thanks

Hey @Former Member, 
Thanks for the follow up and sorry for the delay. I spoke with our support team and this should be done within the next 24 hours. 

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)

Scout
Moderator Moderator

Hey @Former Member, 
It looks like your support ticket (#2804330) has been responded to. If you need further assistance with your account please respond to the email from our support team. 

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @Former Member 

Thanks for posting about this and so sorry to hear of the issues.  This is the kind of problem where Strava Support will need to work with you directly to resolve.  Did you hear back on your Support ticket and has it been resolved?

Jane (she/her)

Ready, Get Set, Go!

Welcome to the Community - here is your guide to help you get started!

Know how to use Community

Understand Community Settings