cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This post has been escalated to our Support team for one of the following reasons: it requires sharing personal information, the intervention of an admin, or multiple exchanges. We may also escalate to our Support team if a topic is highly complex or technical.

Galaxy 5 watch has stopped finding the GPS fix for all activities

ailsa
Shkhara

Hi

I have been using the GPS to track runs / walks / sailing / skiing / rides with no problem until this weekend.  Strava is getting stuck on "Getting GPS Fix" in a circle of doom.  Ive been on the forums and checked the Location services and the battery optimiser and the running in the background option.  No joy so far.  I've tested the GPS on the watch using Maps and it seems ok.

Any ideas?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Scout
Moderator Moderator

Hello, 
We will be closing this post for comments; If you have a similar question please submit a support ticket and we will look into it. Please be sure to include the device you are using as well as the version so our team can further investigate. 
Thanks for your patience!

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15

Scout
Moderator Moderator

Hello, 
We will be closing this post for comments; If you have a similar question please submit a support ticket and we will look into it. Please be sure to include the device you are using as well as the version so our team can further investigate. 
Thanks for your patience!

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)

Notworthasking
Mt. Kenya

Like the others here,  I have tried all the updates and reinstall solutions but the strava app never loads the run/ walk,  it sticks at "getting GPS fix". I thought this was a problem with the hardware,  but I'm thinking it's the app software now. Guess I may have to switch to Samsung health tracking software instead of strava if you guys can't find a solution 😕 

Lancelot
Mt. Kenya

Me too !

facemob
Shkhara

I am having the same exact problem on my Samsung watch 5. I have deleted and reinstalled the starva app and same issue. It stays looking for GPS signal. 

Jane
Moderator Moderator

This post has been escalated to our Support team. If you have a similar question please submit a support ticket and we will investigate further.

Jane (she/her)

Hey, any update on this? I have also been facing this similar issue.

Not resolved yet. I don't use it to track activities that need gps. I use Samsung Health and link that to Strava.  It's a workaround this glitch in Strava. 

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @ailsa 

Thanks for trying that and so sorry it hasn't resolved the issue.  I'm going to escalate this post to the Support Team at Strava.  They will be happy to work with you and troubleshoot further.  Please be patient and someone will be in touch with you soon.

Jane (she/her)

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @ailsa 

Thanks for posting about this and sorry to hear you're having that issue on your Galaxy 5 Watch.

Most of the time, a reinstall of the App will fix that issue.   Please go ahead and delete the Strava application from your watch. Power your device off for 10 seconds, turn your watch back on and reinstall the Strava application. 

Google Play Store:
Strava: Track Running, Cycling & Swimming
How to update your apps on Android: Support - Google

Sincere apologies for the inconvenience.  Please give that a try and let us know the results.  

Thanks for joining us here on the Strava Community Hub and we hope to hear more from your in the future.

Jane (she/her)