cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garmin heart rate monitor connected but not showing heart rate

PatrikO
Mt. Kenya

I have a problem with my Garmin heart rate monitor (HRM Dual) that connects to Strava but not showing heart rate. Started when changed to new phone: Google Pixel 8 Pro with Android 14, have allowed evertyhing, i think.. HRM Sensor works fine in my Garmin 530 unit 

1000010025.jpg

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @PatrikO 

Sorry to hear of the issue.  Could you work through the troubleshooting steps below and let me know the results.  Apologies if you've already tried some of these:

1. Could you please ensure the device can first broadcast as a Bluetooth heart rate monitor? If it cannot broadcast as a monitor, we would not be able to detect it under the new settings. Some devices may have a broadcast mode you need to turn on or enable from within its own settings.

2. Please also ensure that the Bluetooth monitor is not connected to other services like Garmin Connect or Wahoo Fitness. You may need to enter the app settings of the other services to unpair the Bluetooth device so it can be paired to the Strava mobile application*. Bluetooth monitors normally may only connect to a single service on your device at a time.

*If your device is still detected or being picked up in another service while you're trying to pair to the Strava mobile application, the Bluetooth monitor has not yet been properly disconnected from the other services. 

3. If you're still experiencing issues, please try "unpairing" the Bluetooth monitor from your mobile device completely by following the instructions for your device below:

-Android
    -iPhone
  4. Once unpaired, please try pairing the Bluetooth monitor to your phone again and connecting it within the Strava mobile application. You will want to ensure the Strava mobile application is on the latest version (above version 200).

Thanks and let us know if any of these seem to solve the issue.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

After researching the HR Connection problem for the past 4 hours. I finally found the solution in an iphone thread from 2021. HRM Dual when actually connected over the bluetooth interface of android, it somehow stops to work with all the apps.
The only way to restore the functionality was to completely reset the wifi and bluetooth of your phone. (Search for reset bluetooth in the settings.) Forgetting the device only doesn't work.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Edebstrava
Mt. Kenya

Any new solutions? I am having the same issue and can't find anything that works. It worked fine yesterday now It won't read out any hr. 

Thanx! Made a reset of bluetooth & wifi settings on my Pixel 8 Pro device, connected to Garmin Hrm again and it works! 

Unfortunally just worked once after reset. Having closed the Strava app, opened it again it is just connected, not showing HR. Restarted phone but it is not working

After researching the HR Connection problem for the past 4 hours. I finally found the solution in an iphone thread from 2021. HRM Dual when actually connected over the bluetooth interface of android, it somehow stops to work with all the apps.
The only way to restore the functionality was to completely reset the wifi and bluetooth of your phone. (Search for reset bluetooth in the settings.) Forgetting the device only doesn't work.

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @PatrikO 

Sorry to hear of the issue.  Could you work through the troubleshooting steps below and let me know the results.  Apologies if you've already tried some of these:

1. Could you please ensure the device can first broadcast as a Bluetooth heart rate monitor? If it cannot broadcast as a monitor, we would not be able to detect it under the new settings. Some devices may have a broadcast mode you need to turn on or enable from within its own settings.

2. Please also ensure that the Bluetooth monitor is not connected to other services like Garmin Connect or Wahoo Fitness. You may need to enter the app settings of the other services to unpair the Bluetooth device so it can be paired to the Strava mobile application*. Bluetooth monitors normally may only connect to a single service on your device at a time.

*If your device is still detected or being picked up in another service while you're trying to pair to the Strava mobile application, the Bluetooth monitor has not yet been properly disconnected from the other services. 

3. If you're still experiencing issues, please try "unpairing" the Bluetooth monitor from your mobile device completely by following the instructions for your device below:

-Android
    -iPhone
  4. Once unpaired, please try pairing the Bluetooth monitor to your phone again and connecting it within the Strava mobile application. You will want to ensure the Strava mobile application is on the latest version (above version 200).

Thanks and let us know if any of these seem to solve the issue.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

Hi again! Thanx. Tried all of these but my guess is that this might be some kind of bug with Android 14? I have allowed the Strava app all permissions. The Garmin monitor connects instantly in the Strava app, but no heart rate shows. Tried to forget and reconnect in both phone and app. Changed to new battery in sensor aswell. 

I'm having the same problem for a long time now, it's annoying when I cannot see my average HR between the other stats in my activity, when I click on the stats it will show the exact data.

Anyone knows how to put the avg HR between the other stats?