cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPS data do not sync to Google Fit

mat4444
Mt. Kenya

Hi everyone,

I have recorded a run with Strava on my WearOS watch and the data, included the GPS map, downloaded perfectly to Strava on my phone.

However, when it synced to Google Fit, only the distance, duration, pace and a couple of other parameters were entered in Google Fit. The map, which is visible in Strava, was not synchronized to Google Fit.

Is it a bug or was it designed not to sync GPS data ?

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hi @mat4444 

Thanks for posting about this.  That is working as expected.  Strava sends time, distance and calories to Google Fit.

Check out this link for full details on the Strava/Google Fit integration.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @mat4444 

Thanks for getting back to us and apologies you were given conflicting information.  I've double checked with the Team that looks after the Google integration, and I can confirm the Strava>Google Fit integration doesn't support GPS data.  I've attached a screenshot below of what you can expect your Strava activities to look like in the Google Fit App.

GoogleFit.jpg

Let us know if you have any further questions.

Jane (she/her)

Hi Jane, 

Thank you for clarifying the situation. Is there a plan in the near future to add GPS data synchronization to Google Fit ?

Best regards,

Mathieu

mat4444
Mt. Kenya

Hi Jane,

I also created a support request (#2767310) about this issue, and the support team answered the opposite 😕...
This is literally their answer : "Strava can synchronize GPS data to Google Fit." (obviously not working for me otherwise, I wouldn't seek help).

Mind helping me out by shedding some light on the situation and clarifying things a bit?

Thank you!

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hi @mat4444 

Thanks for posting about this.  That is working as expected.  Strava sends time, distance and calories to Google Fit.

Check out this link for full details on the Strava/Google Fit integration.

Jane (she/her)