cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPS Device Not Displayed

Rumpled
Mt. Kenya

I recently started using a Cycplus M2 GPS that uses XOSS to upload to Strava.

On my activity pages using this device the device is not listed.

I've preciously only used Garmin devices and they always show the device used.

Is there a reason that this new device is not displayed?

Is it due to Cycplus/XOSS not including it in the file? Or Strava not recognizing the device?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @Rumpled 

Thanks for posting about this. @JBW-Florida is correct - you'll need to submit a support ticket to get this device added to Strava.  

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @Rumpled 

Thanks for posting about this. @JBW-Florida is correct - you'll need to submit a support ticket to get this device added to Strava.  

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

JBW-Florida
Elbrus

I had this same problem when I purchased a Garmin Edge Explore 2, a newly introduced device from the leading manufacturer.  This was their response to my help desk ticket:

"Thank you for contacting Strava. Sorry the data from your device is not being recognized properly on Strava. We do not have this device mapped in our system yet - which can cause your activity statistics to appear differently from what you see on the original platform you use.

I've filed a ticket for our engineers to add this model to Strava. Thank you for your patience."

It took them about a week or two.  I think you're going to have to open up a help ticket yourself to get them to put that somewhat obscure off-brand device on there.  Good luck.

JBW-Florida (he/him)
STRAVA | User Community

JBWFlorida_0-1705623321428.gif