Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huawei Fit 3 sync with Strava

Mousehunt
Mt. Kenya

Hi,

I have a Huawei Fit 3 watch.

I noticed that in my Huawei Fit record, my calorie reading is 1300+.

However in Strava, it saya 400+.

May I Know why is there such a huge discrepancy?

I do not have such problem in my Garmin Forerunner 245.

Thanks. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @Mousehunt 

Thanks for your post. 

There is a wide range of different algorithms and inputs that can be used to estimate Calories. Strava's calorie estimates may differ from third party estimates for this reason.

• Strava's Calculations
    • To get calorie calculations for rides, Strava uses your power output and a coefficient for human efficiency. Power can be estimated if you enter your weight and the weight of your bike, or you can use a power meter to get a more accurate measure of your power output. If you are having trouble getting your Strava Power to calculate, see How to Get Power Calculated on your Rides.
    • To get calories calculations for runs, Strava requires that you enter your weight. Calories for runs are a function of speed (grade adjusted), weight, and moving time. Multiply these together with a scaling factor, and that's the estimate.

Strava shows Calories as they were provided to us by upload partners. It sounds like in the case of your activities, the calories are either not included in the file sent to us by Huawei, or the file type is a .gpx file, (we can only use third party calories from either .fit or .tcx files.)

To give you a definite answer about this, someone from Strava Support would need to take a look at your activity and source file. If you would like more information, please submit a support ticket and a Support Analyst get in touch with you to assist.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @Mousehunt 

Thanks for your post. 

There is a wide range of different algorithms and inputs that can be used to estimate Calories. Strava's calorie estimates may differ from third party estimates for this reason.

• Strava's Calculations
    • To get calorie calculations for rides, Strava uses your power output and a coefficient for human efficiency. Power can be estimated if you enter your weight and the weight of your bike, or you can use a power meter to get a more accurate measure of your power output. If you are having trouble getting your Strava Power to calculate, see How to Get Power Calculated on your Rides.
    • To get calories calculations for runs, Strava requires that you enter your weight. Calories for runs are a function of speed (grade adjusted), weight, and moving time. Multiply these together with a scaling factor, and that's the estimate.

Strava shows Calories as they were provided to us by upload partners. It sounds like in the case of your activities, the calories are either not included in the file sent to us by Huawei, or the file type is a .gpx file, (we can only use third party calories from either .fit or .tcx files.)

To give you a definite answer about this, someone from Strava Support would need to take a look at your activity and source file. If you would like more information, please submit a support ticket and a Support Analyst get in touch with you to assist.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team