cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing Data From An External App

Bill333
Shkhara

I'm completely new to Strava. I've been rowing on a Concept2 machine using a VR app called Holofit for a couple of years now.  I'd like to import my rowing workouts into Strava.  The Holofit Companion app has a feature that allows connecting to Strava, but Strava doesn't seem to know anything about Holofit.  The Holofit Companion app has my workouts, and seems to show that there's a connection established with Strava, but I'm not seeing anything on the Strava side.

Is there something I need to do in Strava to make my workouts show up?  Is there somewhere I can check to see if a connection exists with an external app?

Any help is appreciated.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Hey @Bill333
Thanks for your post. I took a look and found the following info on the Holodia website about the integration between Strava & Holofit: Screenshot 2024-01-21 at 5.29.48 PM.pngFor any updates, you may need to contact Holofit directly. 

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

Bill333
Shkhara

Thanks for everyone's help.

The issue turned out to be on the Holofit side.  Workouts don't get sent unless you press the 'Save' button inside the Holofit Companion app.  The problem is that this button doesn't show for a workout when it's opened from the list of workouts in the app.  It's only present when you open the workout from a system notice (e.g. the list of notice/alerts that show up on the iPad screen when you first wake the device up).  For me, the solution was to go to the list of notices, open each workout, and save it.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Bill333
Shkhara

Thanks for everyone's help.

The issue turned out to be on the Holofit side.  Workouts don't get sent unless you press the 'Save' button inside the Holofit Companion app.  The problem is that this button doesn't show for a workout when it's opened from the list of workouts in the app.  It's only present when you open the workout from a system notice (e.g. the list of notice/alerts that show up on the iPad screen when you first wake the device up).  For me, the solution was to go to the list of notices, open each workout, and save it.

Bill333
Shkhara

Thanks, I finally found it.  I think the problem was that I was on the community site, not strava.com.  Holofit is on the Apps list; I'm going to try some experiments on the Holofit side to see if I can get a workout to show up.

Jan_Mantau
Denali

In the Strava web browser page under your profile picture in settings/"My Apps" you can see all the external apps you have allowed to access your Strava account. If Holofit is not here you need a URL from them for connecting to Strava or maybe they have a smartphone app where you can enable that.

I can't find anything called 'My Apps' anywhere in the settings.  When I click on my profile icon, I see menu choices for 'My Profile', 'My Settings' and 'My Subscriptions'.  But none of these contain a subheading call 'My Apps'.  Do you see this when you look in your Strava web page?

It's only called "Settings":

Jan_Mantau_1-1705675503273.png

"My Apps" is available afterwards: 

Jan_Mantau_0-1705675385158.png

Thanks for the help, I did find the 'My Apps' list.  Holofit is on it, so there does seem to be a connection.  But I just did another workout and it's still not showing up in Strava.  Is there something I need to do to make Strava show the data?

Hey @Bill333
Thanks for your post. I took a look and found the following info on the Holodia website about the integration between Strava & Holofit: Screenshot 2024-01-21 at 5.29.48 PM.pngFor any updates, you may need to contact Holofit directly. 

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team