cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect Android KM , GPS , time etc.....

Panel
Mt. Kenya

Sems lately if I use my Samsung S21 to log my rides or walks that it cuts corners and just draws straight lines. This in turn cuts my routes km's and times etc. Plus it looks like I've walked in a perfectly straight line in many places 🙂 In the past I've turned off my location , restarted my phone and then it all works again. But lately this work around hasn't fixed my issue. I've gone back to using my XOSS G+ head unit for my bike and now have to use it for my walks. After a walk I have to go into the Strava app and change it from Ride to walk every time.

Any fixes for this or ideas ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Scout
Moderator Moderator

Hi @Panel
Thanks for your posts and sorry for the trouble. We are experiencing GPS tracking issues on Android version 331.9 and 332.10.

Normally if there is an issue with the GPS communication with your device, you will see a jagged route with points moving off your activity's path or straight lines indicating the route. Overall though, you will notice how this issue affects distance, speed, and time recordings as well as issues with segment matching. 

Our engineers have been working diligently to restore accurate recording to impacted devices and we expect the fix to be available soon.

For updates, please check this article: Inaccurate Stats on Activities Recorded With the Android App, be sure to click 'follow' in order to be notified of any updated.

We appreciate your time and communication as we work to resolve this issue. 

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Scout
Moderator Moderator

Hi @Panel
Thanks for your posts and sorry for the trouble. We are experiencing GPS tracking issues on Android version 331.9 and 332.10.

Normally if there is an issue with the GPS communication with your device, you will see a jagged route with points moving off your activity's path or straight lines indicating the route. Overall though, you will notice how this issue affects distance, speed, and time recordings as well as issues with segment matching. 

Our engineers have been working diligently to restore accurate recording to impacted devices and we expect the fix to be available soon.

For updates, please check this article: Inaccurate Stats on Activities Recorded With the Android App, be sure to click 'follow' in order to be notified of any updated.

We appreciate your time and communication as we work to resolve this issue. 

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)

Hi,

Is this still an ongoing issue? I am experiencing exactly the same problem on my iPhone 14. It has been doing it for a few days now.

Many thanks.

Hey @BDentith
Thanks for your post. Can you try our initial troubleshooting step of deleting and reinstalling the Strava app? Our recommended instructions are below:

1. Delete the Strava application from your phone
2. Power your device off for 10 seconds
3. Turn your phone back on
4. Reinstall the Strava application 

Note: You will not lose any data if you do this since all data is stored on the Strava servers.

Google Play Store:
Strava: Track Running, Cycling & Swimming
How to update your apps on Android: Support - Google

Apple App Store:
Strava: Run, Ride, Swim
How to update your apps on Apple: Support - Apple

If this does not resolve your issue, please submit a support ticket and we will investigate further.

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)

Panel
Mt. Kenya

Did it again this afternoon after the latest version 😡 332.10 (1232785)

I am having the same problem with my Samsung phone and Strava, Not sure how to correct it. It is very frustrating.