cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Live treadmill tracking with HR data

Kulahpac
Mt. Kenya

This is my first post on here so I apologize if I'm in the wrong spot. I've been googling around and I know I am not the first to bring up a variation of this topic but I didn't see any active conversations on it anymore. I've been using Runkeeper for quite a while and I've been wanting to switch to Strava but the one thing holding me back is the fact that I can't do a treadmill run with heart rate data via my phone. I often do treadmill runs when it's super hot/cold/rainy or sometimes when I just don't have the ability to leave my house because I have children too young to be left alone. I have a pixel watch 2 and I can do it with my watch as an indoor run but the distance is way off and I am unable to edit it, to make it match the treadmill. I get about 0.6 miles per actual treadmill mile. I don't understand why it's an issue to add just a timer with HR compatibility, then allow the user to manually add/edit the correct distance. It seems like all the pieces are there they are just not all included in one workout option. The only reason I could think of is that people could cheat their milage up but if people can just randomly add manual activities I don't really understand what the difference would be. As I said before I have been using Runkeeper only because of this single feature. It's possible to sync the runs over to Strava using third-party apps but a lot of times it doesn't sync correctly and it's just a hassle. Strava, please improve your application by making this possible. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @Kulahpac 

Thanks for your post. Sorry to hear your Pixel watch isn't recording accurate distance on treadmill activities. Recording distance with Apps indoors can be subject to error, since the recording doesn't contain any GPS data.

We do have an existing feature suggestion over on our Ideas Board in regards to the ability to add/edit distance to recorded activities.  Check it out here and we would welcome your vote and any comments you might like to add.

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts!

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @Kulahpac 

Thanks for your post. Sorry to hear your Pixel watch isn't recording accurate distance on treadmill activities. Recording distance with Apps indoors can be subject to error, since the recording doesn't contain any GPS data.

We do have an existing feature suggestion over on our Ideas Board in regards to the ability to add/edit distance to recorded activities.  Check it out here and we would welcome your vote and any comments you might like to add.

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts!

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team