cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving time Apple workout not correct

Jeroentje
Shkhara

Hello,

I thanks since a few weeks strava doesn’t update the Moving time After sync workout.

i use the Apple Watch and the workout running app to record my runs. When i’m done, i open the strava app and sync the workout. After few seconds the run is on strava.

in the past, strava analyses the run and updates the Moving time. So stopping formtraffic light was deleted 

but now my avg speed etc is worse and i cannot compare my progress.  

‘is this a setting i can change myself?

mny thanks in advanced

jeroen

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

amd723
Mt. Kenya

Any update on this? It's almost a year in and the problem persists.

Thanks

View solution in original post

I think it is working. i just checked strava and i can see a difference between moving time and total time 🙂

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20

amd723
Mt. Kenya

Any update on this? It's almost a year in and the problem persists.

Thanks

CarlosR
Mt. Kenya

It happens the same to me. Even in workouts without pauses. Total time is the same as in apple, but the moving time is lower than apple, and no pauses were done. 

I think it is working. i just checked strava and i can see a difference between moving time and total time 🙂

jesusperez5712
Mt. Kenya

Same problem here. My elapsed time and moving time are identical, in the past the moving time was my actual moving time as the uploaded from the Apple Watch to Strava would calculate out any time stopped. 

joysanity
Mt. Kenya

I am having the same issue. Mode: running and it happens when I pause the run manually!

MeanE
Mt. Kenya

I can add I have the same issue. Just picked up a apple watch and wondered why the moving time is equal to the Elapsed Time. It's strange as the splits do show correctly with the periods of stops (at lights) removed.

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @Aileenb and @Jeroentje 

I wanted to update you both on this issue.  It is still unresolved and is in the hands of our Engineering Team.  In the meantime, we recommend using one of the 2 workarounds listed below:

When recording with Apple Health Workout App, be sure to NOT manually pause your activity. When your activity is imported, we will calculate your moving time based on the GPS data being recorded.

Alternatively, if you need to pause your activity while you're recording, you can record with the Strava Watch App. This article can provide you with more information on how you can set this up.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

This is still not working and it’s been months. To clarify, I run with Apple Watch. I do not manually pause or auto-pause on Apple Watch, but I do stop to cross the road etc.
In the past Strava was able to analyse my run data when it was imported from the Health app, and adjust moving time accordingly. 
As is the case for others in this thread, this is no longer working and there is no viable workaround meaning historic data is no longer directly comparable. 
Is this an identified bug and is there a plan to fix it? 

Hello Jane,
a short update. when i sync a cycling workout, logged with the apple workout app, the moving time is calculated correct. with a running workout still problems