cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving Time Incorrect

GYHUDS
Mt. Kenya

good evening Strava

Since the beginning of November my moving time on each activity has been drastically wrong. the last two runs I have completed have been about 1hr 10mins but Strava thinks I completed them in about 35mins which is ridiculous. And Yet Strava records my route perfectly but the time is completely bonkers.

I see this is a continuing problem for many other users and I wondered when the problem will be fixed?? seems like a very basic feature to get wrong. There's nothing complicated in recording a start, finish then calculating a duration.

I am using a Samsung S21 and the app version is 332.10

see below bizarre graph

GYHUDS_0-1699909193217.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Scout
Moderator Moderator

UPDATE: We are happy to report that this issue has been resolved. Thanks for your patience as we investigated this.

Our engineers have pushed through a fix that should be resolved in the most recent app version of 333.10; Please update your Strava app to the current version:

Google Play Store:
Strava: Track Running, Cycling & Swimming
How to update your apps on Android: Support - Google

Let us know if you continue to have any issues.

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Scout
Moderator Moderator

UPDATE: We are happy to report that this issue has been resolved. Thanks for your patience as we investigated this.

Our engineers have pushed through a fix that should be resolved in the most recent app version of 333.10; Please update your Strava app to the current version:

Google Play Store:
Strava: Track Running, Cycling & Swimming
How to update your apps on Android: Support - Google

Let us know if you continue to have any issues.

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)

Great, app updated, i'll test it tonight 🤞

awpascual
Mt. Kenya

Absolutely all my activities since I bought my Samsung S23+ have not been working properly. The GPS is all messed up, it also sometimes autopauses for no reason... It's really frustrating. Strava worked just fine on my previous S20.

Scout
Moderator Moderator

Hey @GYHUDS & @mortonjude1
Sorry for the trouble. We're experiencing an issue with GPS tracking on the Android app that's impacting activity stats and segment matching. Updating the Strava app to the most recent version may fix this issue, however, we have found that this will not resolve the issue for everyone. 

Thanks for your patience while we get this resolved. If you'd like to be notified of any updates please “follow” this known issue to receive email updates.

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)

I wonder why when I sent Scott an email asking about the problem you acted like I'm the only one with this problem? 

mortonjude1
Mt. Kenya

Having similar problems also with Samsung S23.  The other day ! completed a 5k walk in 9 mins...... think all of my twice daily activities have been wrong for well over a week now!   Frustrating