cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No activities shown + map black screen when recording new activity

thomathino
Mt. Kenya

I'm using Strava for a long time without any issues. 
Yesterday was the first time where I added two people to a run. Everything worked fine. Afterwards one of those persons deleted this activity from theirs

Now I have the problem, that my app doesn't work anymore. The home tab tries to load activities but stays white. When I reinstall the app and login at least the activities show for some time, but when I want to try to record a new activity, the map is black. Also if I open the map of an existing activity it is black. When I close the app and open again I'm back to the beginning -> No activities load, the screen stays white. I already deleted the activity which I suspected caused this behavior.

Device: Google Pixel 8 Pro with latest software updates.

thomathino_1-1710967772849.png
thomathino_0-1710967851058.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Scout
Moderator Moderator

Hey @thomathino,
Thanks for the post and sorry to hear of the trouble. Please go ahead and delete the Strava application from your phone. Power your device off for 10 seconds, turn your phone back on and reinstall the Strava application. You will not lose any data if you do this since all data is stored on the Strava servers.

Google Play Store:
Strava: Track Running, Cycling & Swimming
How to update your apps on Android: Support - Google

Apple App Store:
Strava: Run, Ride, Swim
How to update your apps on Apple: Support - Apple

If that doesn't help, please submit a support ticket and we will investigate further.

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Scout
Moderator Moderator

Hey @thomathino,
Thanks for the post and sorry to hear of the trouble. Please go ahead and delete the Strava application from your phone. Power your device off for 10 seconds, turn your phone back on and reinstall the Strava application. You will not lose any data if you do this since all data is stored on the Strava servers.

Google Play Store:
Strava: Track Running, Cycling & Swimming
How to update your apps on Android: Support - Google

Apple App Store:
Strava: Run, Ride, Swim
How to update your apps on Apple: Support - Apple

If that doesn't help, please submit a support ticket and we will investigate further.

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team