cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving add to run invitation from friends I ran with

Sarries
Mt. Kenya

Hi I forgot to start my watch on a run last week but my friend said they would add me to it They sent an invitation but it never showed up in my emails It has previously worked I’ve checked my settings and can’t find anything to cause it I have a free account but don’t know if this is the reason it’s not working 

thanks 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Scout
Moderator Moderator

Hey Sarries,

Thanks for reaching out. There's a few reasons why you may not have received the invitation...

1. Double-check that you do not have any manual or partial activities already on your account with the same date and start time. The system will recognize the duplication and prevent the acceptance of the shared activity.
  2. Make sure that you have Add To Activities enabled in your push notification settings, and When someone shares a Strava activity with me, enabled in your email notification settings. If you don't, you'll have to enable these settings and ask that your friend send the invitation again, preferably over a strong network connection.
  3. If you do already have these settings enabled, and it is still not working, it may be related to a known issue, and the current workaround is to ask your inviter to invite you via text message (or other messaging apps) by using the Invite Friends button on the bottom of the activity's "Add Friends" page. To access this button, tap on the activity in the Strava mobile app, click Edit Activity, scroll to the "Add Friends" section, and click Add. Then tap on the large Invite Friends button at the bottom of the screen. Tapping this button will provide a link that can be shared with you to invite you to the activity.

If the above checks out and you are still not receiving the invitation, please submit a support ticket and we will investigate further.

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Scout
Moderator Moderator

Hey Sarries,

Thanks for reaching out. There's a few reasons why you may not have received the invitation...

1. Double-check that you do not have any manual or partial activities already on your account with the same date and start time. The system will recognize the duplication and prevent the acceptance of the shared activity.
  2. Make sure that you have Add To Activities enabled in your push notification settings, and When someone shares a Strava activity with me, enabled in your email notification settings. If you don't, you'll have to enable these settings and ask that your friend send the invitation again, preferably over a strong network connection.
  3. If you do already have these settings enabled, and it is still not working, it may be related to a known issue, and the current workaround is to ask your inviter to invite you via text message (or other messaging apps) by using the Invite Friends button on the bottom of the activity's "Add Friends" page. To access this button, tap on the activity in the Strava mobile app, click Edit Activity, scroll to the "Add Friends" section, and click Add. Then tap on the large Invite Friends button at the bottom of the screen. Tapping this button will provide a link that can be shared with you to invite you to the activity.

If the above checks out and you are still not receiving the invitation, please submit a support ticket and we will investigate further.

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

Thankyou for your help 

Ready, Get Set, Go!

Welcome to the Community - here is your guide to help you get started!

Know how to use Community

Understand Community Settings