cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This post has been escalated to our Support team for one of the following reasons: it requires sharing personal information, the intervention of an admin, or multiple exchanges. We may also escalate to our Support team if a topic is highly complex or technical.

Pixel Watch - Strava app crashes when starting activity

SHawkins83
Shkhara

I've been using the Strava App on my Pixel Watch since January this year.

In the last 6-8 weeks, most times when I go to start an activity (either cycling or running), the GPS takes longer than previous to connect and then when it does and I hit 'start', the app regularly crashes and takes me back to the "home" page where you select an activity.  Sometimes it does this a couple of times and once I actually get an activity to start, it often then records this as a generic "workut" rather than the activity I have selected.

I thought the cause of this was a faulty device as I replaced my Pixel Watch under warranty at the same time (the battery died on the old one), but I've since had the replacement replaced and noticed the same problem this morning when starting a run so now I'm not sure if its the watch, or maybe the Strava app itself as it only seems to have started happening since October - but the fact its now occurred on two seperate devices makes me think the timing was a coincidence.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @SHawkins83 

OK thanks for letting us know.  

Please go ahead and delete the Strava application from your watch. Power your device off for 10 seconds, turn your watch back on and reinstall the Strava application. 

Google Play Store:

Strava: Track Running, Cycling & Swimming

How to update your apps on Android: Support - Google

Please let me know if this doesn't help and thank you very much for your patience.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Jane
Moderator Moderator

This post has been escalated to our Support team. If you have a similar question please submit a support ticket and we will investigate further.

Jane (she/her)

SHawkins83
Shkhara

Still no suggestion on how to fix this?

I can't be the only person having this problem as it's been the same on two different pixel watches, so suggests it's a problem with the Strava app for Google wear.

It's making activity tracking via Strava virtually unusable to the point I might as well cancel my subscription and revert to using Fitbit tracking.

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @SHawkins83 

OK thanks for letting us know.  

Please go ahead and delete the Strava application from your watch. Power your device off for 10 seconds, turn your watch back on and reinstall the Strava application. 

Google Play Store:

How to update your apps on Android: Support - Google

Please let me know if this doesn't help and thank you very much for your patience.

Jane (she/her)

This also didn't work.

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello,

Thanks for posting about this and I'm very sorry to hear about the issues. 

Please update your Strava app to the current version and let us know if that resolves the problem.

Google Play Store:
How to update your apps on Android: Support - Google

Jane (she/her)

I am using the current version, as far as I can see.  There's no option to update it.