cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This post has been escalated to our Support team for one of the following reasons: it requires sharing personal information, the intervention of an admin, or multiple exchanges. We may also escalate to our Support team if a topic is highly complex or technical.

Recorded a full day of alpine skiing and only half was uploaded

Jamie_C
Mt. Kenya

Hiya, I recorded a full day of alpine skiing from 10:00am to 6:50pm on my Apple Watch. I paused on my breaks and restarted when setting off again. When I finished the day I hit finished and done. When looking at the final upload it only counted 7 runs and 26km. I probably did twice the amount of that and can also see that the activity map hasn’t included some of the runs and lifts I travelled on. Im certain I hadn’t forgotten to start my watch, as the elapsed time was 7hrs but the uploaded is 3 hours less. I’m stumped. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Scout
Moderator Moderator

Update from our support team: Unfortunately, when, for whatever reason, a portion of your activity is not recorded by GPS, it's not possible for us to 'fill in' the missing data. If your GPS temporarily loses a signal or even if you forget to un-pause or restart your recording there is no way to add that portion back to your route.

However, you do have a couple of good options for getting credit for your efforts.

1. Manual Activity: When GPS data didn't record or isn't available through a friend
You can create a manual activity to account for the lost mileage - although this won't count toward Strava Challenge Leaderboards (they may count toward progress for some challenges) and won't match to any segments.

For more information on how this feature works, please view our Help Center article.

2. Activity sharing: If you were with a friend who recorded the activity with GPS
If you were riding or running with another Strava user, that friend can share their activity with you. You'll need to ask them to use the Add Friend button on their activity detail page which will allow them to share the activity with you. Once they've sent the invitation you can accept the copy of the activity as your own. If you accept the invitation, your friend's activity will appear on your Strava profile and feed as if it was your own. You will be grouped with the friend who invited you, the activity will count towards Challenges and Clubs you are a part of, and the activity will count towards your personal stats. The activity you're tagged in will not count towards segment leaderboards, running estimated best efforts, and won't include heart, power, or cadence data.

You'll also have to make sure to delete your existing partial activity in order to avoid getting credited with extra mileage. For more information on how this feature works please see our Help Center article.

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Scout
Moderator Moderator

Update from our support team: Unfortunately, when, for whatever reason, a portion of your activity is not recorded by GPS, it's not possible for us to 'fill in' the missing data. If your GPS temporarily loses a signal or even if you forget to un-pause or restart your recording there is no way to add that portion back to your route.

However, you do have a couple of good options for getting credit for your efforts.

1. Manual Activity: When GPS data didn't record or isn't available through a friend
You can create a manual activity to account for the lost mileage - although this won't count toward Strava Challenge Leaderboards (they may count toward progress for some challenges) and won't match to any segments.

For more information on how this feature works, please view our Help Center article.

2. Activity sharing: If you were with a friend who recorded the activity with GPS
If you were riding or running with another Strava user, that friend can share their activity with you. You'll need to ask them to use the Add Friend button on their activity detail page which will allow them to share the activity with you. Once they've sent the invitation you can accept the copy of the activity as your own. If you accept the invitation, your friend's activity will appear on your Strava profile and feed as if it was your own. You will be grouped with the friend who invited you, the activity will count towards Challenges and Clubs you are a part of, and the activity will count towards your personal stats. The activity you're tagged in will not count towards segment leaderboards, running estimated best efforts, and won't include heart, power, or cadence data.

You'll also have to make sure to delete your existing partial activity in order to avoid getting credited with extra mileage. For more information on how this feature works please see our Help Center article.

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)

Scout
Moderator Moderator

Hey @Jamie_C
We're going to send this over to our Support team for review. If you have a similar question please submit a support ticket and we will investigate further.

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)