cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[RESOLVED] Strava Samsung Galaxy Watch sync and logout issue

HalfOctave
Shkhara

Hello, I am using Samsung Galaxy watch (B62B) (Model No. SM-R800) for syncing my Strava activity. It was working almost fine till yesterday until I encountered issue on syncing my morning run from Strava to Strava servers through watch. Little did I realise at that time that it can be something to do with watch.samsung.strava being down and did multiple things to fix and now have landed up in difficult situation. Looking for some assistance now.
Issues:

1. Not being able to sync activities. Getting error: “Sync failed (42)” and sometimes “Sync failed (99)”
2. On reading internet, one of articles suggested going to Strava site and unlinking watch. Did that
3. Now while, Strava site doesn’t know that my watch exists as I unlinked it, the app on my watch is still linked to account and there is no logout option!!! It opens up as before without prompting me to enter 4 digit new code to link again.
4. Now if I try to sync activity, I get “Sync failed (7)”

With all this story, all I am looking for is how to logout Strava app on Samsung Galaxy watch?

I don’t want to uninstall and reinstall again as that will erase the unsynced activity and I don’t want to lose them.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello,

I'm happy to confirm that this issue has been resolved and the Samsung watches should work as expected with Strava.  If you are still having issues, we ask that you submit a support ticket, and someone from Strava Support will be happy to work with you to troubleshoot.

Sincere apologies for the inconvenience and we want to sincerely thank you all for your patience.  

Again, if you continue to have any issues with this, please submit a support ticket so we can help you out.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

74 REPLIES 74

SebastienH
Shkhara

Bonjour,

Même erreur constatée depuis hier. Dernière syncho correcte effectuée le 9/10 à 18h27.

Daryl_B
Shkhara

Day 3 and still no resolution, with minimal communication from the Strava team. This is really not good enough when people are paying good money for subscriptions that they cannot fully utilise. Even a three or four hourly update would help, along with some information on the cause, rather than just saying "we're working on it".  If we know more about the problem, we can better manage our expectations of when this might be resolved.

pdie
Mt. Kenya

Same issue from my side.
I can't sync my two latests activities from my Galaxy watch to Strava and I don't want to lose them !!!
 Battery draining and unable to sync.

Quite frustrating. Pleas solve ASAP and post progress in this forum

Gingerbean
Mt. Kenya

I reported the same issue yesterday, I can no longer use Strava on my gear S3, reinstalled and cant even open the app. I found a work around, you can get "mapmyrun" and put that on your watch, record your runs with that app and when you finish you can use the web browser on your PC or laptop to download a TCX file and upload it into strava, it isn't ideal but it means you can still use your watch to run and record - Strava should have figured out by now what is wrong and should really let us know. 

WhatsApp Image 2023-10-11 at 16.27.40_f4d6e355.jpgWhatsApp Image 2023-10-11 at 16.27.50_39c4bdb6.jpg

I have the same problem i hope this will be resolved soon

ChrisKauf
Mt. Kenya

same problem here. waiting for any update from strava side

Navsonar
Mt. Kenya

I have the exact same issue. Battery draining and unable to sync. Also did delete the strava app on both devices, now I'm unable to connect my watch. (Samsung galaxy s3 frontier)

Same issue. Same watch

Mangale_D
Mt. Kenya

I can't take this anymore. Looking into new apps . 

dfedez
Mt. Kenya

TENGO EL MISMO PROBLEMA Y LA CARGA ME DURA CASI NADA ESPERO SEA SOLUCIONADO