cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strava doesn't show bpm

townie-woods
Mt. Kenya

Hi, 

I just started using Strava a couple days ago and am having a heck of a time learning it. There's is very limited info available that isn't less than 3 years old, and the interface has changed a *lot*. 

Connected apps on my S21: Watch5, Samsung Health, MyFitnessPal, Strava. 

Is it possible to get my BPM on the Strava app screen when I mountain bike?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @townie-woods 

Thanks for the post!  The first thing I recommend is making sure you have granted Strava consent to process and store your health-related data which includes heart rate data. If you'd like Strava to collect and process health data for future activities you can change your permission settings before your next activity recording.

Secondly, it sounds like you're recording with a Samsung Galaxy S21 Android phone, using the Strava App, is that correct? If so, you'll need to connect a compatible heart rate sensor to record you heart rate. 

Instructions on pairing a HR sensor to the Strava App

You also mention the you have a Watch 5.  If you have the Samsung Galaxy 5 watch, you can use the Strava WearOS App to record activities on the watch.  

I hope that helps.  Let us know if you have more questions.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @townie-woods 

Thanks for the post!  The first thing I recommend is making sure you have granted Strava consent to process and store your health-related data which includes heart rate data. If you'd like Strava to collect and process health data for future activities you can change your permission settings before your next activity recording.

Secondly, it sounds like you're recording with a Samsung Galaxy S21 Android phone, using the Strava App, is that correct? If so, you'll need to connect a compatible heart rate sensor to record you heart rate. 

Instructions on pairing a HR sensor to the Strava App

You also mention the you have a Watch 5.  If you have the Samsung Galaxy 5 watch, you can use the Strava WearOS App to record activities on the watch.  

I hope that helps.  Let us know if you have more questions.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team