cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strava doesn’t synch with Samsung Health

Neuza
Mt. Kenya

I have a Samsung S22 phone and now I bought a Galaxy Watch 6. I was using a Garmin watch to synch my running to Strava and no issues. So I followed the steps to connect Samsung Health to Strava: logged in Samsung Health and went to settings and added Strava as a service to connect to. Then the Strava log in popped and I logged in and authorized the connection within Strava.

The problem is Samsung Health does not show on the Services list, so it seems Strava does not recognize Health as being connected, whereas Health “sees” Strava.

Meanwhile, I tried going for a quick walk with the Samsung watch and it synched to Strava, though the map information is not available. Still, Samsung Health does not show up on Strava’s Services. Am I missing something or doing something wrong?

thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @Neuza 

Thanks for posting about this.  Android users can upload activities recorded with the Samsung Health app to Strava and automatically sync activities from Strava to Samsung Health.  If I'm understanding correctly, you're able to sync activities from Samsung Health to Strava, but not the other way around?

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Dragon1ord
Shkhara

We now think it is because of the GPS on the watch is not working. Because of that there is no route known to Samsung health. And that's why SH does not sync with strava. Bought a garmin now.

The Samsung watch is going for repair to see what's wrong with it. 

jacopotm
Mt. Kenya

Also having this issue

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @Neuza 

Thanks for posting about this.  Android users can upload activities recorded with the Samsung Health app to Strava and automatically sync activities from Strava to Samsung Health.  If I'm understanding correctly, you're able to sync activities from Samsung Health to Strava, but not the other way around?

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

I have the same problem. Strava activities don't show in S Health, I recorded through the strava app on my Samsung watch.

Same problem for me, and it's both ways.

I'm also having the same issue. 

The informative on how to connect your Samsung Galaxy watch with Strava does not work for me. Samsung Health Data does not sync to Strava, making staving useless to me. 

I am yet to find a resolving as to how to sync it. It's driving me nuts! I've followed the instructions over and over again and I'm just going on circles. 

Any advice?

I am also having the exact same problem. The strava instructions do not work.

For me Samsung health doesn't synch to strava anymore since about 9 days ago. Before it worked. The activity shows in Samsung health but doesn't synch to strava. 

Reinstalled all apps, Samsung health, wear and strava. Disconnected all accounts and reconnect again. Nothing seems to work. 

Samsung watch 4

This is an ongoing issue for me.  Did you fix your problem?