cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This post has been escalated to our Support team for one of the following reasons: it requires sharing personal information, the intervention of an admin, or multiple exchanges. We may also escalate to our Support team if a topic is highly complex or technical.

Strava heart rate tracking - Samsung

Former Member
Not applicable

Hi all, I have a Samsung S21 Ultra and a Samsung Glaaxy Watch 5 Pro. I'm trying to understand when Strava should be capturing my heart rate info when tracking a run.

Tracking via Galaxy Watch 5 Pro ️ : when I trigger my excercise recording via the Strava app on my watch, I seem to get heart rate data just fine - the problem I have right now though is that anything I track on my watch isn't visible on the Strava mobile app - apparently this is a know bug? It displays fine on the web interface but who uses that... 😐 (any pointers on a fix would be gravely appreciated as I'd rather track via Watch but I can't!!)

Tracking via Samsung S21 Ultra 📱: when I trigger my excercise regarding via the app, the recording displays as expected in the mobile app but it doesn't pick up any data from my Watch - despite having the Strava Watch app installed and both Samsung Health and Google Fit all synced and access approved... is this just normal functionality and I can only get this data via tracking on the Watch (but can't due to the above bug....)?

Appreciate any feedback and advice!! 

Cheers in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hi @Former Member 

Thanks for getting back to us.  I'm going to escalate this post to our Support Team, so someone can work with you directly to determine what might be going on.  Thanks for your patience and someone will be in touch soon.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

FantasticMB
Mt. Kenya

i have exactly the same problems

Darcyangus
Mt. Kenya

Hey! It sounds like you're dealing with a classic Strava data dance between your Galaxy Watch 5 Pro and S21 Ultra. The watch-to-app bug is a known hassle, and it's odd that the S21 isn't grabbing Watch data. Double-check Strava app settings and permissions on both devices. Also, on my end, Samsung Watch 5 tracking via S23 works smoothly without these issues. Hope you sort it out soon! 😊🏃‍♂️

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hi @Former Member 

Thanks for getting back to us.  I'm going to escalate this post to our Support Team, so someone can work with you directly to determine what might be going on.  Thanks for your patience and someone will be in touch soon.

Jane (she/her)

Former Member
Not applicable

Brilliant news, I'd love to see this get resolved and allow me to make full use of my watch app rather than carting the phone around! 

Hopefully resolve similar issues for other samsung watch and phone users too!

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hi @Former Member 

Thanks for posting about this.  The Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 can't be paired to the Strava Android App as a heart rate monitor.  This means if you want to record your heart rate data in activity recordings, you'll want to record with your watch, not the Strava Mobile App on the phone.  

In regards to the other issue you mention (if you record with the watch the activity doesn't show up on the Strava Mobile App), I'm wondering if you're signed into two different Strava accounts.  You mention that you do see your watch recorded activities when you sign into Strava on the web.  I recommend signing out of Strava on your phone, and then sign back in, being sure to use the same email address and password you use to sign in on the web.

Give that a try and let me know if it solves the problem.

Jane (she/her)

Hi hello, I have a galaxy watch4 and I'm struggling to get any heart rate info onto my mobile app. Has this issue been resolved? 

Former Member
Not applicable

Hi Jane, thanks for your response to both points. As for the second, I'm definitely logged in as a single account, if I track on my phone it shows on my Web account, same if I track on my watch - however, I just can't view my watch events on the mobile app. I read an.article that this is a known bug but it seems to have been going on for quite a while, I was hoping Strava might have it on a backlog or similar to fix?

Ready, Get Set, Go!

Welcome to the Community - here is your guide to help you get started!

Know how to use Community

Understand Community Settings